Thread: Starting dyno tuning the LS7 RX-7, input?

Potential Tuner

Starting dyno tuning the LS7 RX-7, input?

Hello all -
    Well, I *think* I'm set at low RPM with the VE table. I started with my old H&C 347 tune, disabled the MAF SES, disconnected the MAF and drove around tuning the VE table a bit. LTFT's are -5 to 0. I pulled a couple degrees of timing up top out of the old tune and did a best guess IFR curve. The injectors are Bosch 52 lb'ers out of an 07' Shelby GT500.

Strapped her down, still MAF-less and did a couple pulls to 6K. A/F's were ~12:1 from 3500 until about 5K when it started to lean out. I tweaked the VE table from 5K onward and it started to fatten up. I thought about messing with the PE table but that just looked like a multiplier (which was probably right before?). More VE seemed to help some but still lean. I added some more and did another pull, better. Am I on the right track here? Mods are listed in my other thread. I attached the current cal. I'm certainly not done, I just wanted some input up to this point. Here's the dyno so far:

Thanks,

Ryan

Tuner in Training
    thats a sexy curve...

Tuning in progress...

Potential Tuner
    Any input on the tune? She seems to be falling flat on power @ 5800 RPM... Whenever I tried to lean it out a little (by modifying the upper RPM VE table) she loses power. Here's today's best dyno..

Apart from being a little rich IMO, I would aim a little closer to 13, say 12.5 and work up until you find what is best for your setup.

Reference the 'flatline' at about 5700rpm, are your valve springs up to the job, as that is what insufficient springs can look like on a dyno, if they are good, then any type of restriction be it in either the intake or the exhaust - both possibilities, but to be honest kinda hard to tell.

Nice numbers BTW, more to come I suspect

Yeah that baby is riiich. Try to get 12.8 AFR across the board with a couple tenths richer at peak torque.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    View "Total Tq" as well as power. (VE and Timing help)

Is the WB sensor a tailpipe sniffer sensor? A/F can be as much as +.5 or so.

show us more