Thread: MAF and Knock Questions

MAF and Knock Questions

Alright. I tuned my VE table the best i could to get all the numbers around 0. So then I hooked everything back up, tuned the MAF and have those numbers with the afr error % histogram vs. MAF output 0 to -1% not to bad right?

The only thing is I am still seeing -10 LTFTS at idle. Does it even matter looking at ltfts at idle? ... and knock retard in a certain area.. Here is a copy of my last scan. and tune. ive tried scaling back the area where the knock is happening more than a couple of degrees but nothing.. zilch zippo. Im also including a copy of my stock tune.

Thanks guys!
    99' Trans Am LS1. A4 Kevlar, Aluminum driveshaft /loop , Yank 3200, 3.23s, OBX headers, SLP loudmouth 1, Custom Intake, B&M supercooler, LS6 intake, PP/TB, LM1
    99' Honda Superhawk VTR-1000F- Cams, Exhaust, Ign. Advance, K&N, Jets

Alright well I guess I found the answers I am looking for. I wasnt sure if fuel calculations were completely maf or if it was mix or what.. So I force richened a certain area of the ve table to find out and sure enough where i richened it up knock knock.. Even though the MAF was still reading correct fuel calculations.. So i guess it doesnt really matter then if you have the maf dialed in perfectly, if your ve table is off well then your mixture will be off. Kinda sucks trying to dial in the ve table perfectly with an automatic.
    99' Trans Am LS1. A4 Kevlar, Aluminum driveshaft /loop , Yank 3200, 3.23s, OBX headers, SLP loudmouth 1, Custom Intake, B&M supercooler, LS6 intake, PP/TB, LM1
    99' Honda Superhawk VTR-1000F- Cams, Exhaust, Ign. Advance, K&N, Jets