Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vuss

New timing table

Hi Guys, AL; Here is my latest scan and tune with lean cruise disabled, I have also changed the timing table, The KR has reduced today with the new table, but my histos in the scan werent active so they logged no data. I Will do another scan soon and see what shows up.

Cherrs Ben.
    350VUSSSS inductions 88millTB, 25% underdrive pully, high lift roller rockers, Maffless cold air intake, 2 1/2 inch try y headers 3 inch exhaust, upgraded plugs and leads.

Your KR histo has a filter in it to show only lean cruise. Now that you have turned off lean cruise, all the data is being filtered out, just eliminate the filter and your data will show up when you load the data into the histo.

You have less KR in this short log, the three biggest spikes seem to be from you lugging the vehicle at low rpm in 4th gear. The log is too short to really tell what is going on.

I was surprised at the amount of KR in your original tune given how conservative the timing appeared. You have obviously made some major changes to you timing tables, it looks like you have added 5-10* of timing where you were experiencing most KR but subtracted up to 25* in low-mid rpm <.20g/cyl cells?

When you have the time, post up a longer log and try to avoid lugging the engine.

2005 Grand Prix GXP - 5.3 LS4 - HP Tuned, MF catback, 1.8 rockers, K&N, Some day I'll finish putting the LS6 intake on

filter remove

Hi Al, Thanks for your help. I didnt realis that the timing was greater, it seemed like the numbers were lower where i was getting kr so i used this table, i will revert to the original again, try some 96 octane today sdee what it turn up.

I will remove the filter and try and do another scan today sometime, In reguards to your wideband, i was going to order mine but didnt because i was thinking of taking a look at what else there is available. I was looking at the dynojet, from VcM suite, but i first thought that i was going to need to weld the bung into the header, but it now appears that if the wideband sensor was the same size as the factory 02s i already have provisions in my headers for this, have you any ideas? Im a real novice.

If this is the case i will order it today?

Thanks Al, Ben.
    350VUSSSS inductions 88millTB, 25% underdrive pully, high lift roller rockers, Maffless cold air intake, 2 1/2 inch try y headers 3 inch exhaust, upgraded plugs and leads.

Well, the install is up to you But to tune your entire VE table, especially WOT, you need to use a WB.

Many people just do a temporary install by replacing either of the front NB's, which works good since you will be tuning in open loop and don't need the NB for that. I chose to have a new bung installed, and did a perm mount for the WB - works for me since I'm only tuning one vehicle and don't have to mess around pulling sensors and running temporary wiring every time I want to log data. If you choose the first method, just reinstall the NB when you return to closed loop.

The tune file you posted the other day (KR.hpt) had timing that seemed pretty low - sometimes up to 18* less than what I run, so I'm wondering if too little timing is contributing to the knock.

You might want to check out the timing tables on some LS1 tunes in the repository and compare them to what you have now. I'd suggest starting over with the stock table, maybe pull a few degrees of timing across the board just in case, and see what the log shows for KR with the higher octane fuel.

2005 Grand Prix GXP - 5.3 LS4 - HP Tuned, MF catback, 1.8 rockers, K&N, Some day I'll finish putting the LS6 intake on

Premium unleaded

Hi guys Al, I have loaded in a new tune with slightly increased timing, it's also running on it's first of three tanks of premium unleaded, to allow the car to addapt to the better fuel.

Still thru lots of KR, not audible but evident on the scan.The fuel trims look quite good at an average of -0.8 and 1.6 on a twenty five cell count but the coolant temp and intake temps flash to error mode in time with each other.

Here is my current scan and tune.

Thanks guys Ben.
    Last edited by bensvuss; 11-13-2007 at 06:50 AM.

Well, that's an interesting log

Attachment 9329

Every sixth frame the Speed, MAP, ECT, IAT PID's... go to zero.

What happened frames 6140 - 6640? Loose connections?

Noticed that you are recording 33 PIDS (47 of possible 48 bytes), try cutting this down to get better resolution in the logs. Do you really need Desired Idle RPM, TPS voltage, and all the Idle PIDS based on what you are working on now?

Stock Timing

Hi Al, I edited this msg. I have written the config that you sent me, the scan now appears normal, with just still the high intake temps, are clear. The KR has reduced to max of five just on a short scan ofcourse tempoarilly.

So I have updated the tune and scan to the current files, I will try and pull a couple of degrees of timing from my high octane table tonight and then hopefully, copy it to the low octane table. My car is currently running of the standard tables unedited, not coppied over to the low octane table to suit SD. Once i do this do i decrease the high table for bad fuel, or do both tables need to be the same in SD?

Ok. Made a new tune facttime-2 attached also with the standard timing copied from high to low minus -2 across the board and low copied to high -2 across the board. This is what I was thinking of trying tomorrow? What do you think?

My knock learn is not maxed out, is it. I also read that when going maffless you need to set the knocklearn to a maximum? Is this correct

I appreciate your time Al, cheers: Ben.
    Last edited by bensvuss; 11-14-2007 at 06:11 AM.

Are you sure that is a stock timing table? I don't think I've seen a stock table that is that jagged.

Comparing your timing table to a stock 2000 VUSS tune in the repository I see that your table, which is theoretically stock less 2*, is 5-10* lower than the repository tune. I've heard that too little timing can set the knock sensors off. Have you verified that the tables you loaded were stock?

Thats odd

Hi Al is'nt that strange with the timing as i explained though i copied the low to the high and vice versa for SD, with -2 across the board. I have another tune which is done by VCM which is very basic and it is sometime + 10, 15 more advanced. This is my stock unwritten fall back tune that this timing came from.

Im not really sure how to go about mapping the spark table but I could try and add a few degrees to this table like +2 to the current table and hand smoothe it out, I need a good base to begin with.

Didnt have time to do a scan today, and plug in the lower timing, but looking back i might try and increase it. I also checked repository lots more timing than I have.

Onething that I was told when i bought the car was although the car had standard exhaust, airbox, tb, etc, he had a mate who played with the cars computer at some satge. With all of the stock parts on the car, I sort of took it like yeah,sure you did. Just like everyone's got a 10 second car untill it's seen?

Im kind of lost now.

Thanks Al Ben.

Negative STIT

Hi guys, I was wodering if it is possible to need all the available 64 gsec of the possible Base airflow for in gear in one cell. As my car began fluttering returning to idle in drive so i did a scan to reduce LTIT in park and drive. So it appears to need it. My STIT is slightly negative at idle.

Has anyone any thoughts?

I still have no wideband but is there a way to mask AFR error as mine is 12.1?

Also when changing timing should you change the idle spark advance in park and drive aswell? As im trying to increase my timing and have altered the high and low tables already. I was also thinking of changing the max speed to 255 from 10mph were the car will disable the use of main spark, and changing speed hyst to 3 instead of 1mph.

Is this the correct alterations to change spark timing or am i on the right track?

In my scan i noticed the my main spark table at idle showed -4 at 1000rpm to 1200 rpm, or is that normal, as i have never noticed it b4? or is this an average combined figure.

Im a liitle bit lost with spark control.

Thanks guy Ben.

Hi Guys

Hi Guys, I dont mean to be impatient but; is there something wrong with my question?, Or did I ask to many questions?

I hope to talk to someone soon, thanks guys Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by bensvuss
    I still have no wideband but is there a way to mask AFR error as mine is 12.1?
    Just delete the WB PID. Since you don't have one installed, all you're logging is an open circuit reading. This will remove it from Histos and the chart.

Or just remove the pid from the chart - right click anywhere on the chart and select "chart settings", find the PID and disable it.

Techedge Wideband o2s

Hi guys, it's great to be back in the swing of tuning my car again. I had some bad luck and the back end of my car was collected by a stupid old man, who neglected to put the handbrake on and his car careered across to lanes of traffic before coming to rest in the back of my pride and joy. All fixed now, looks magic and I treated her to a chev badge on the tailgate and a wideband from TECHEDGE the CO2 unit.

This is my question; I have installed the wideband and setup the scanner to log AFR. Im not sure if it is set up correctly, but I am showing AFR I think because I getting data and the histo is not unsupported. I have done a quick scan basically just a key on key off sort of thing just to see what is happening.My data says AFR of 9.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers Ben.

Post up your config that has the WB pid you created and the quick log. Are you reading the WB through the EIO?

Wideband o2s

Hi Al, thanks for your help. As I said Im glad to be back tuning again.

By the way I got passed the false knock with a bit of knock sensor manipulating, which I will endevour to come back to once I get my fueling correct with the wideband.

The short scan is attached. One other thing im working on is decreasing bytes to log with the MPVI, but also I need to then create a new tune which leaves me in open loop all the time when Im using the wideband? Have you any ideas of how to do this?

I need to decrease bytes because my guages flash between alert and normal again, like it did before when it was confused with to many bytes.

Yes, I am reading the wideband thru the MPVI.

Ben.

Glad you got your car back together.

Yeah, you have just a few too many PID's there.

Can you post up your config file too, and maybe a screen shot of how you set up your WB PID? I want to see how you set the WB up, seems odd that it is level at 9 when your NB's are really low after frame 1330.

Wideband o2s

Hi Al, I ;Right Click on EIO Input 1 and Insert ==> User Defined ==> Configure User Defined ==> Volts divided by 0.5 (in the lowest box) and + 9 (in the right hand box). Unfortunately I am unsure of how to get this information back up to do a print screen, but that is what I did.

How can I get my car to stay in open loop for the tuning process with out using the vcm controlls?

I dont know how to attatch screen shots, the file is to big.
    Last edited by bensvuss; 12-20-2007 at 09:43 PM.

Ben

To stay in open loop you need to set your closed loop enable ECT vs Startup ECT values to max (152* in my tune), also set the LTFT learn "min ECT" to 256 (or whatever your max is) and the "max ECT" to -40 (or whatever your min value is). See the attachment

Attachment 9887

There's probably several ways to attach a print screen. I do the [function] [prt scn] command (varies between computers, may be [alt] [print screen] and then paste into Paint, save the file from Paint and then load it through the 'manage attachments' button.

Quote Originally Posted by bensvuss
    Right Click on EIO Input 1 and Insert ==> User Defined ==> Configure User Defined ==> Volts divided by 0.5 (in the lowest box) and + 9 (in the right hand box).
    Assuming a 0 - 5V output, that should give you a range of from 9 to 19 AFR. If you are steady at 9, this indicates that no output voltage from your WB is being recorded by the MPVI. Can you verify through a multimeter, maybe also check that you are hooked up to EIO input #1 (closest connector to the USB end of the MPVI).

Wideband o2s

Hi Al, My latest scan is attatched. My Afr is to be expected.

Ben
    Last edited by bensvuss; 12-21-2007 at 11:09 PM.