Thread: need some help with injector scaling

Advanced Tuner

need some help with injector scaling

I have a tune with stock injectors of a 2000 C5 which runs excellently but has too high duty cycles at WOT, thus, we wanted to upgrade injectors. When I plug in 28# injectors into the injector spread sheet from the stickies and compare the data with what was in the PCM they do not match up at all.

According to sheet I should have values in the low 30's but in the PCM I find values beginning with 25.

We changed now to 32 lbs Racetronix injectors (@43psi) and I plugged the the new rates from the spread sheet into the PCM. Car seems rich and is unwilling to rev like it did before, feels like a pig.

What gives? Could someone have used the IFR to lean out engine instead of messing with the commanded AFR?

would it be just better to multiply the original values in the IFR table by 14.2% (the difference between 32 and 28#)?

enclosed the original file, maybe one could shed some light into this

Stock 2000 injectors are 26.4#, '01+ were 28.8#

Put in the correct values for the injectors and adjust the offset table and it should be close to what it was before if you fueling and injectors were correct then.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB