Thread: IAT Table

IAT Table

I've developed an excellent tune with no KR for my modified L-32. All of the tuning has been done with Inlet Air Temps between 86 and 104*F.

My IAT Spark Correction Table is now set for +/- 0* at 50, 68 and 86*F. Plus 1* at 32* F and below. Minus 2* at 104 and minus 6* at 122 and above.

It is unlikely that IAT temps will ever go much below 32* or above 122* because inlet air is drawn from the cockpit area on my car (see picture). The car is almost never driven in freezing temps.

I suspect that additional timing when IAT falls below 86* will be helpful but don't know how much is safe.

Has anyone done testing of the impact of varying IAT on his tuneup? If so, please provide an educated suggestion on how much timing I can add as IAT goes below 86* and how much advance I need to subtract with IAT above 104*.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on your setup, you might be able to add as much as 4* or perhaps 2* on the cold side. On the really cold side < 25*, the Gen V likes to make extra boost--which may not be extra timing friendly.
    On the hot side I think I step down by 2* just as a safety margin.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now
    Previous Rides: 2008 G8 GT, 2004 GTO, 2004 GTP, 2002 TA

Does +3* at 50* and below, +2* at 68, then -2* above 104* sound safe as a place to start?

As I mentioned, all of the tuning so far has been done with IAT between 86 and 104*.

Thanks John