Thread: Looking at a PSD Tune???

Tuner in Training

Looking at a PSD Tune???

Well I have the latest Beta software they are publicly releasing (2.1.19.0 Beta). So far of the 5 PSD trucks I have tried to read, I have only successfully been able to read 3 of them and then the files won't open. Are they supposed to? It tells me the Definition failed to load. I have sent all these file and screen shots to support, but no one has told me whether or not I'm supposed to be able to actually see how Ford tunes are built. Just want to compare them to GM to learn how to go about tunning them.
    01 GMC ECSB 5.7 LS1 4X4
    Custom Kbracing96 Front Mount BW S480 Turbo
    12.2@110mph

Tuner in Training
    Oh ya, 2 of the trucks are 03 and nether of them had VIN's in the VCM's. Is this a 03 thing? One was completely stock, and the other had an Edge box on it. Bill told me this would be a problem with licensing them.
    01 GMC ECSB 5.7 LS1 4X4
    12.2@110mph

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    PSD'd will not be in our initial ford public release which is why you cannot open the files as of yet.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    PSD'd will not be in our initial ford public release which is why you cannot open the files as of yet.
    Thanks for clarifying that. I know you told me that they wouldn't be in the initial public release, but I didn't know that meant that you couldn't open them. Just trying to get a head start on PSD tuning.

Also trying to give a heads up on the 2 03's I read that neither of them had a vin programed into the VCM.
    Last edited by kbracing96; 09-23-2007 at 10:11 AM.
    01 GMC ECSB 5.7 LS1 4X4
    12.2@110mph

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah, we have yet to add the definition files which means no tables are defined for each calibration yet which is why you cannot view anything other than the pcm information. If you have access to any other 03's please shoot me an email to support with their files/infologs as well for review.

Thanks,
    Bill

Potential Tuner
    Im thinking of purchasing the hardware and software soon....I have unlimited access to a '99 7.3, '05 6.0, '06 6.0, '06 6.0 van, 2 or more '08 6.4, an '07 LMM chevy, an 07 6.7 CTD, an 05 DMAX and an 03 CTD

Would the recordings of these vehicles be of any help to you? I am egerly anticipating the ability to tune the CTD's specifically my modified '03

Thanks,

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yup, definitely...the more files we get in and get entered into our database the more confident we'll be with our first beta, first public offering, etc.

Your able to read out any file without using a single credit using our software which makes it much more reasonable for our customers to not only help them get vehicles they want supported supported it also helps us along with developing that support quickly and efficently.

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up

think you guys will do 1997 ford 7.3 power stroke tunes

if you do i'm buying !

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kbracing96
    Oh ya, 2 of the trucks are 03 and nether of them had VIN's in the VCM's. Is this a 03 thing? Bill told me this would be a problem with licensing them.
    It's not an '03 thing. I have talked to Bill and then I took my truck (04) to 2 different dealers. They both said that the PCM does not request a VIN so consequently it doesn't report one.

Anyone that buys HP Tuners to tune their Ford diesel is taking quite a gamble. Works great for my Vette though and I wouldn't want to use anything else.
    Bob K
    BoMar Racing
    Rookie of the Year -Englishtown. NJ
    Member - Panuzzo Racing
    Member - NHRA

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I definitely see a vin number in the late model ford diesel files I have here.

Im sure we'll figure out a solution when the time comes for those 03' cals.

Tuner in Training

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Special K
    It's not an '03 thing. I have talked to Bill and then I took my truck (04) to 2 different dealers. They both said that the PCM does not request a VIN so consequently it doesn't report one.

Anyone that buys HP Tuners to tune their Ford diesel is taking quite a gamble. Works great for my Vette though and I wouldn't want to use anything else.
    I can't wait to hear if someone has done a tune on a PSD!!!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    I definitely see a vin number in the late model ford diesel files I have here.

Im sure we'll figure out a solution when the time comes for those 03' cals.
    Ford told me that all of the new models will give you the VIN as it is requested by the PCM. Also that SOME of the older models will also give it to you. They did not specify the manufactured date.

I had them put a new PCM in my truck because we could not get a straight answer from Ford. Nothing changed. I finally got hold of a Ford engineer that understood the problem. I'm passing that info on to you guys.
    Bob K
    BoMar Racing
    Member - Panuzzo Racing
    Member - NHRA

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thanks for the clarification Bob, I only have 05+ files I believe on this pc, not sure if I've received any 04 & priors.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the clarification Bob, I only have 05+ files I believe on this pc, not sure if I've received any 04 & priors.
    That figures Bill. Seems like I'm always a day late and a dollar short. Should have waited a year to buy it.

I've also learned that the width of the bed will vary by an inch or two depending on where it's manufactured. Doesn't really matter unless you install a Roll & Lock bed cover. Never mind, you don't want to hear about this fiasco.

Hope you guys come up with a solution to this problem.
    Bob K
    BoMar Racing
    Member - Panuzzo Racing
    Member - NHRA