Thread: Any Mn hpt tuners out there & general question on what gauges your guys recommend?

Any Mn hpt tuners out there & general question on what gauges your guys recommend?

Mods if this is not the right spot please move it. Thanks.

Is there anyone out there in MN that has hptuners & likes to help out a guy get started tuning or at least share some tips from. I am alittle confused on the wideband stuff & what gauges to get. I am a diesel guy, but want to tune some chevy gas trucks. I have not bought this program yet I am just looking for the best gauges to get & where to get them. I am leaning towards the pro version for sure. Anybody have any ideas. I was thinking for sure I will need a boost & an egt gauge. Am I missing an important one? They sell the gauge pods in a two or three set. Just want to make sure I get the right one. Please tell me the name brand one you like or dislike. Thanks in advance guys & gals.

Crash
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Tuner
    my personal recommendation for gauges is innovates LC-1 combo kit that comes w/ the simple blue / red gauge (not the xd-16) if you're just needing a wideband. it's the best sensor and controller out there w/ a gauge that does the job.

they're the first two on this page:
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...me.php?cat=262
    Last edited by bc3tech; 09-25-2007 at 02:35 PM.
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ
    [Next] intake res delete, Tint, Eibachs

The Procharged Ion - SMP Stage 2 QC
    20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    afr doesn't matter much for diesels as they can run to like 60:1 afr's if im not mistaken down into the single digets. Far different than gasser motors.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Bill,

What is afr?
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.

Air fuel ratio??? Oh, that make sense on diesel. Thanks.