Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SRT 8 tuning?????????

Tuner in Training

SRT 8 tuning?????????

sooooo when are we going to see some freaking support from HPT for us poor srt8 owners

diablo has finally come out with a tuning solution but i have to find a freaking cmr dealler to tune it .... i prefer to tune my own sh%t so what now anything comin up

Potential Tuner
    Diablo has a solution, yes, but its not looking to be anything really serious. It will let you do ranges, but if you want cell by cell control... forget it.

The shop that I work with is already an HPTuners shop. I have seen the HPT LS1 software and holy cow... its like nothing anyone else has that I've ever seen.

BRING US FULL-FEATURED MOTOR TUNING! There is a huge, huge pent-up demand for it. All the Diablo product is going to do is let people get closer to their goal; not meet it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Working on it guys.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Maby we can get a sneek peek at SEMA

Tuner in Training
    OPEN LETTER TO HPTUNERS:

I have a 2006 Magnum SRT8 with the following mods:
    Kooks longtubes, catback, cam, CAI, B&G Stage II flash and 180 t-stat

The work on my car has been done by Tri Star Performance in Tyrone, Georgia who is an HP Tuners vendor. They have been itching to tune my car since we started the project of adding the cam and longtubes and although I have the B&G Stage II flash, the car is in dire need of an actual tune which we feel that HP Tuners can provide. Although the Diablo Predator is an option right now, Tri Star Performance feels that we can really unlock the potential of the above mods listed with the HP tuning software. That being said, if you would like to use my car as a test bed with Tri Star Performance for 6.1 Hemi tuning, I would like to offer my car for that service. I trust Tri Star Performance as a reputable shop and I am a believer in your product after watching them tune a few LS1 and LS2 engines with extensive modifications. The SRT8 community needs HP Tuners!!!!

Potential Tuner
    I have a big, forged-everything stroker motor going in to a formerly 5.7 Magnum RT that is going to be one of the highest profile reveals the platform has seen. The car is already one of the better-known Magnums out there in terms of the LX community. All mods for the project are dedicated to road course racing, and the motor is being built specially for that specific application.

Its sitting at HPT-licensed shop SVS R&D in Sacramento CA right now. At the same shop is another hemi Magnum: That one -- owned by one of the administrators of lxforums.com -- is a 392 stroker. Its a project that has been followed by literally thousands of LXForums.com readers as it has progressed.

Both cars need a tune and both are sitting at the same experienced HP Tuners shop. Neither of us are poor or unable to pay for our mods, although donations are of course always accepted :-)

We both have acceptable options available to us from a competitor, but we'd like our shop to be able to use what its most familiar with in its own environment. This could be a win for the both of us. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in using one or both cars for testing.

Last edited by MattRobertson; 10-03-2007 at 06:31 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys.

Like Matt said, the guys at SVS R&D in Sacramento and I are smack dab in the middle of my 392 stroker build and install. And as he points out, I'm also an administrator at LXForums.com, a 15000+ member strong forum chalk full of people literally screaming for true tuning abilities.

My build has indeed become an extremely high profile event. I'd venture to say no build on the boards has drawn more attention or interest to date. The reasons for which I'm happy to explain, but it might take a page or two so I'll spare the details for now. Suffice it to say, being an administrator, as well as the point person for a series of tests Matt, I and others developed called the Modification Face Off series, has afforded me a certain celebrity that has been both been a blessing and a curse. (Read the MFO FAQ to understand what I mean if your interested).

By all means, if you're at all interested in beta testing on site, please ANY TIME let me and/or Matt and/or Bob Crespo (chief tuner at SVS R&D) know. We welcome the opportunity and willingly offer our cars for your use. If we can help you help bring our community a *real* solution, please let us!

Feel free to contact me at any time for any reason regarding this. I'm also very willing to arrange for a stock 5.7 and/or SRT 8 (or a few?) to meet us at the shop for some real world testing as well if that would be helpful.

And of course, if discretion is preferred, discretion is what you shall have.

Thanks for your time!

As long as it is ready by Feb 6th 2008... oh for you non car nuts that is the day the 2008 Dodge Challenger will be available for purchase... I will be great so that gives you guys what about 5 months. I have faith so rock on!

Just don't loss to much time playing around on things like Rock Band.. it will consume you

Tuner in Training
    Guesss that there is no one home on the HEMI piece anymore? Anybody know anything???

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Still working on it.

Tuner in Training
    Appreciate it guys. We need a REAL tune in order to dial the SRT8s in on the dyno. We don't want to leave any horsepower sitting on the table with canned mail order tunes. I want mine dialed in for exactly what I have. Impatiently waiting for this.....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1241
    Appreciate it guys. We need a REAL tune in order to dial the SRT8s in on the dyno. We don't want to leave any horsepower sitting on the table with canned mail order tunes. I want mine dialed in for exactly what I have. Impatiently waiting for this.....
    Trust me when I say we want to get it in your hands as badly as you want it in your hands. If we had more arms it would help but im not sure how well our wives would take to the new appendages lol.

Tuner in Training
    She probably would enjoy foreplay a hell of alot more though; I know my wife would. Thanks for the update and let's hope that we can get something by the end of this year. Always good to add something extra during the hibernation period before spring comes and the mauling begins. Thanks Bill.

Potential Tuner
    This is honestly the only thing that has been keeping me from purchasing an 07 SRT8 Charger. Bill if your saying that it's only a matter of time HPTuners will have something out for the SRT 8's then everyone on here can wish me luck on my new purchase!

Yay or nay on the SRT8 tuning? =)

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by bx tpr
    Yay or nay on the SRT8 tuning? =)

Thanks
    yay

Tuner in Training
    Bill,
    Is it possible to get some sort of idea on an ETA???

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    yay
    Bill.......should I stick with a 07 or 08 or will it make any difference once the software is finally out?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We were hoping to having something to show off at SEMA but it wasn't to be...not much longer though. Thats about as good of an ETA as I can give.

Tuner in Training
    Bill,
    As long as we know it is coming in the not too distant future, that would be great. Many of us are holding out are hearing good things with some of the Diablo stuff but think that HP will put us over the top......Come on HP Tuners.......

Potential Tuner

Question

Updates? Holding off on purchase for a little while longer =)