Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SRT 8 tuning?????????

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bx tpr
    Updates? Holding off on purchase for a little while longer =)

believe me there are thousands waiting in line to get hp tuners once its out for the SRTs
    i have a good feeling about this..

Tuner in Training
    Yes!!! Impatiently waiting.....

Potential Tuner
    Going to pick up my 08 on Tuesday LoL. I guess I couldn't wait for this to come out =)

Tuner in Training
    Any idea yet fellas? Not sure if you have seen what Diablo tuned cars have been doing but tuning is really unleashing the beast in these things! There is still a large contingent of us that want the HP Tuners option as opposed to going over to Diablo. Can you tell us something?? Anything??

Tuner
    *BUMP*

I'm still interested...

This software has a better appeal to me over the current competition...
    2018 Jeep Trackhawk - Blue

What we do in life, Echos in eternity

I'm on the boat to buy one as well! I just cant get the Jeep SRT8 outta my head!! SCT will be releasing a programmer to follow up on Diablos ... id wanna custom tune mine!

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    We were hoping to having something to show off at SEMA but it wasn't to be...not much longer though. Thats about as good of an ETA as I can give.

Are we talking a few months, 6 months, another year???

Tuner in Training
    I am beginning to believe that nothing in the immediate future will be forthcoming. I say this because the HP Tuning software seems to be more geared towards GM products and with the G8 on deck and the Camaro soon to follow, along with a host of other GM vehicles, they probably will concentrate on that market since it seems more lucrative. The new Mustang software JUST came out and Mustangs far outsell any of the other American performance cars in volume. Just seems that they will stay close to the GM home and work more on that market. I also believe that some of the programming has changed on the HEMI vehicles and may change further going forward with the advent of the Challenger. Pre 2008 HEMI vehciles may be out in the cold if they decide to just move forward.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1241
    I am beginning to believe that nothing in the immediate future will be forthcoming. I say this because the HP Tuning software seems to be more geared towards GM products and with the G8 on deck and the Camaro soon to follow, along with a host of other GM vehicles, they probably will concentrate on that market since it seems more lucrative. The new Mustang software JUST came out and Mustangs far outsell any of the other American performance cars in volume. Just seems that they will stay close to the GM home and work more on that market. I also believe that some of the programming has changed on the HEMI vehicles and may change further going forward with the advent of the Challenger. Pre 2008 HEMI vehciles may be out in the cold if they decide to just move forward.
    I wouldn't necessarily say that http://www.hptuners.com/employment/

Now with that said reverse engineering these pcm's is not a cakewalk & takes a ton of time any way you cut it.

But yes we are definitely looking for engineers so that we can move things along even faster.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I got a response to an email that I sent directly to HP Tuners about two weeks ago and the response fro Jay Payson was:

"I am sorry, but while your application is extremely important to us, we
    just don't know when it will be completed. You can bet that as soon as
    we know, we will be making some noise!"

Thank you!

Jay Payson
    HP Tuners

Based on Jays's email response, although not negative, and using Bill's response from his last post above, the wait looks to be much longer than anticipated.

Potential Tuner
    Update!?

Tuner in Training
    bx tpr it doesnt look good man...

Tuner in Training
    Doesn't look good at all......

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Guy we're working on it, we cannot give you a specific timeframe at this time but just know we want it to get to market just as much as you want it to be on the market. With that said the posts have gotten a bit hostile recently which doesn't help the situation which is why this thread is now closed.

You guys will be the first to know when we release something, anything, to the community so the "are we there yet posts" can cease now.

Thanks,
    Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"