Thread: LS1 - Why Does Low Octane Map Have More Timing Than High?!

Tuner

LS1 - Why Does Low Octane Map Have More Timing Than High?!

I've been playing with my friends 2001 Firebird LSI Automatic. For some reason his low octane map has more timing in spots than the high octane map. He's having some KR at WOT and close to WOT. He did have a Superchip programmer and thought that the stock tune may have got overwriten for some reason.

So far the only thing we played with was the shift points, pressure and time. I also adjusted the misfire table because he has a higher stall converter. I was going to play with the timing tonight and I don't know if there is something wrong or not with his timing maps.

We aren't touching fuel right now since he has no wideband. What methods do you guys use to do the timing at WOT? I've only really tuned my Cobalt SS and the high and low octane maps in it are 3 degrees apart everywhere, so this is kind of throwing me off.

I'd post files but I am at work and my files are on the laptop.

Thanks!

Tuner
    Anyone? HellO?

Are you looking for someone to tell you to lower the low octane timing? Seems like common sense that the low octane should be lower than the high octane at all points and since the superchip programmer comes into play the only way to tell whats been modified is to compare it against a stock tune. There should be plenty of 2001 auto firebird tunes in the repository.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

just look at a stock table in the repository. there are quite a few LS1s there
    2004 GTO Blk/Rd M6 (Ziggy)

Best ET: 12.390 ET, 112.73MPH, 1.819 60ft

Tuner
    I'm mostly wondering if the Superchips programer overwrites the stock file. The guy said everytime he flashed his car with it, it said writing to stock or something like that.

I will compare the files when I get home tonight. Just bored at work and trying to strike up a conversation.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSS/SC View Post
    I'm mostly wondering if the Superchips programer overwrites the stock file. The guy said everytime he flashed his car with it, it said writing to stock or something like that.

I will compare the files when I get home tonight. Just bored at work and trying to strike up a conversation.
    This is an old thread, but was superchips messing with the stock parameters?