Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Program to generate VE equations

Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez
    Still trying to polish it up for public use, did you still want me to post it, I see you have your new version out? I think my program is a litlle different, it actually gets the window handles to HPTuner and puts the equations and tables in for you, haven't gotten to look at yours yet though.
    Absolutely, sounds like you might have a better way to get the data in and out. I was thinking about requesting that they give us a single table with all the constants in it for easy of copy/paste (like EFIlive has it layed out). Sounds like you might have a way around it all.
    Last edited by Bluecat; 08-18-2008 at 04:19 PM.

So how does this apply to the Ecotec LE5?
    2007 Cobalt SS 2.4 5spd SUPERCHARGED

Advanced Tuner
    it does and doesnt, we have a few more tables to incorporate into the program

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    Still trying to polish it up for public use, did you still want me to post it, I see you have your new version out? I think my program is a litlle different, it actually gets the window handles to HPTuner and puts the equations and tables in for you, haven't gotten to look at yours yet though.
    hows the polished version now?

My thanks to ktoonsez and Bluecat for developing this software. After lots of help from a friend, I've succeeded in getting it working and my VE errors have significantly improved when the MAF is turned off.

The only problem is that at very low TPS and below about 2k RPM the program appears to not work properly. A scan log is attached along with the .hpt file that the scan was run on.

LS3-47-1 MAF OFF is the result of several interations of running the program. Note that above 1200 RPM and 35 kpa AFR errors are quite low. At 30 kpa and below errors are very high.

The engine is an internally stock LS376/480 crate engine. It does have good headers and a straighter inlet air tract. It is installed in a car that weighs less than 1600 lbs.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by midgetracr; 10-24-2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: better engine description

No one has any ideas or suggestions on the question above? Is it possible to change the VE amounts in the table manually? I would have no idea on which of the parameters in the VE equations to change manually.

Someone must have a suggestion. HELP !

Advanced Tuner
    Are you using mine or bluecat's version?

Sorry for the slow response. I am out of town without good access to the Internet.

"V 3.0 tuned by Bluecat. Internal Version 3.0.3317.18078"

I am open to any reasonable suggestion(s).

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    So are you saying that after making adjustments to these lower areas, you still have the same error when you run a log again? Where do you have the 2 slider bars?

I've been allowing the program to make the adjustments, copying the new settings back to my .hpt file and then running another test. The higher RPM and MAP errors have come right down to excellent numbers. The lower RPM and MAP error %'s have actually increased. I have made no "manual" changes at all. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks ktoonsez for your help.

Advanced Tuner
    Don't really know what you are doing wrong without seeing what you are doing. Here is a suggestion, manually adjust the VE table by clicking the "VE Table" button to open the VE Table window, click on the "Edits" menu item and enable the edits. Then you can highlight the rows or individual fields you want and multiply using the text box and button in the top center of the screen. Make sure you re-generate the equations after you make the changes to the VE table. Hope that helps

Advanced Tuner
    question, why is the ve vs map vs rpm windows in program set to 6800 rpms and 105 kPa.

why not up to 8000rpms and 256 kPa?

-carl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    question, why is the ve vs map vs rpm windows in program set to 6800 rpms and 105 kPa.

why not up to 8000rpms and 256 kPa?

-carl
    I picked that one as the default because it is the standard GM VE table columns and rows.

You can change the column and row sizes from the dropdown box to one of the 2bar or 3bar options, just don't mix them back and forth once you change it once. The equations depend on knowing how many rows and columns there are and as you will see all the new rows and columns you add will be flat and need to be adjusted to best guess first time around.

I will try the manual method and report results. Probably have time this weekend, weather permitting. Did not know the manual method was possible. Thanks for your help ktoonsez.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    I picked that one as the default because it is the standard GM VE table columns and rows.

You can change the column and row sizes from the dropdown box to one of the 2bar or 3bar options, just don't mix them back and forth once you change it once. The equations depend on knowing how many rows and columns there are and as you will see all the new rows and columns you add will be flat and need to be adjusted to best guess first time around.
    now there was only a MAP calibration table for us! input 2-3 bar map sensor, calibrate it, then tune away! 2bar SD just like efilive

I think I'm missing an "if". If your saying I wish we could, then the responce is yes we can. Do it all the time. Up to 2.5 bar sd with the oem os. The map sensor calibration is under Engine Diagnostics / Airflow / MAP Sensor.

ktoonsez: I've reread your post and realized that I failed to answer all your questions. The two slider bars are full left for max precision and single cell. Also the resloc and auto zone boundaries boxes are NOT checked. I understand what zone boundaries is but not resloc. What is resloc? Thanks again.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
    I think I'm missing an "if". If your saying I wish we could, then the responce is yes we can. Do it all the time. Up to 2.5 bar sd with the oem os. The map sensor calibration is under Engine Diagnostics / Airflow / MAP Sensor.

SWEET!!!! 2bar on Order!

Advanced Tuner
    Always leave resloc ON. This keeps the decimal precision (5 digits right of the decimal) to the limits of the car so your not generating numbers that are beyond the limit of what the car can understand. It just makes things more accurate.

Advanced Tuner
    I tried to do some fake adjustments to the VE map using the ls2 2BAR VE. i added 15% to some cells that had boost. re-gen eq's then sent it back to HPT. i saved the tune file. reopened, then sent it back to EQ<>VE and the map just looks horrible. can you try this too? a i doing something wrong?