Thread: 97 Vette Support

Senior Tuner

97 Vette Support

Does HP Tuners support all 97 Vettes now? I see it is in the supported vehicle list. I know at one time you had to submit a 97 Vette VIN to see if there was support for that vehicle.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes we support them

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    All VINs? I'm going to have to travel over 100 miles to tune this particular 97 Vette so I just want to be sure everything is going to work when I get there.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Shoot support the vin number with a link to this thread & I'll check to see how likely or unlikely we are to support any of the OS's available for that vin. We should have most of them covered but sometimes we'll come across one we haven't seen, rare but it does happen.

I haven't had any problems with any 97 vette yet. HTH
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    I faced many issues with 97s corvette regarding support, out of 5 cars 3 were not supported, even after sending the file to HPT it shows OS not supported, but the good news you can change the OS to 98 or higher by berforming (Entire vcm write).

Be carefull if you havent perform it with Entire vcm write, the car would never start then you have to look for another vcm.
    High Way Garage
    Location Saudi Arabia - Jeddah
    Phone : 966 504 655 105
    Custom Tuner:
    GM - Ford - Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep- All Europian Cars + Ducati Bikes
    HP Tuners
    SCT Dealer
    Diablosport Dealer
    Sniper Delta Force Dealer
    Viezu Dealer
    Alien Tech Dealer

Dynojet 224xlc dyno soon
    Custom Tuning via Email Available

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    HA-KSA would you mind sending me the 3 that were not supported to bill at hptuners.com

In the 6 or so months since I've taken over support there hasn't been a single 97 file that we haven't gotten supported that I can remember.

-Bill

Senior Tuner
    I just sent the VIN to support. And Bill, this was probably way before you got involved with HPT, but at one time, there was no support for 97 Vettes. If there was, I would have it on my serial cable when I added all Vette model years support. At the time all I could purchase was 98-04. Then it seemed HPT would offer limited support based on certain 97 VIN #s. I never understood why either.

Senior Tuner
    And FWIW, I just got a OS/VIN mismatch trying to open a 98 Vette file with 2.2 on a car I've already tuned. I just sent the file and infolog to support. This is exactly what I am dreading after traveling a long distance to tune the 97.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1
    I just sent the VIN to support. And Bill, this was probably way before you got involved with HPT, but at one time, there was no support for 97 Vettes. If there was, I would have it on my serial cable when I added all Vette model years support. At the time all I could purchase was 98-04. Then it seemed HPT would offer limited support based on certain 97 VIN #s. I never understood why either.
    Yes, Im well aware that for a long time they only listed 98+ LS1's & 97's needed to be done on a case by case basis. As a matter of face I was one of the people that had to wait for 98 LS1 support back in the day

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1
    And FWIW, I just got a OS/VIN mismatch trying to open a 98 Vette file with 2.2 on a car I've already tuned. I just sent the file and infolog to support. This is exactly what I am dreading after traveling a long distance to tune the 97.
    Was that file read with our program or tunercat? A few things just look odd in the file so this is something i need to know.

Thanks,
    Bill