Thread: Problems with a Tuned PCM

Potential Tuner

Problems with a Tuned PCM

Hello all, first let me introduce myself. My name is Anthony, and my current project is a 2005 Chevy Monte Carlo with a 3.8 (3800) V6 engine, NON-supercharged. Current modifications are K&N CIA, ZZP Down pipe with Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat, Corsa Cat-Back exhaust, HID headlight system, Throttle body screen delete, U-Bend Delete, Cross Drill/Slotted Rotors, F-Body Caliper swap (big brakes), and finally as of this week a ZZP 1.0 tuned PCM.

My problem is, I order the PCM to upgrade performance and remove the DTC's stuck in the system due to the removal of the stock Cat. Upon installation of the PCM, the car wouldn't turn back on.

SO! Security Relearn time. After doing that procedure, the car finally started. Great!

But here's where things get strange. Right off the bat the SES light came on. Not a good sign. I got my trust Snap-On code reader and came back with the following codes:

P1664-Skip Shift 1-4 Upshift Lamp Control Circuit
    P0140-O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
    P0654-Engine RPM Output Circuit Malfunction
    P1260-Fuel Pump Speed Relay Control Circuit

Now keep in mind that I ordered the PCM for a 2005 Monte Carlo 3.8 Non-Supercharged. Here's the web address: http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=182&catid=107

My only other option was to have the Rear 02 Sensor deleted, to shut off the SES.

To make matters even more strange my Oil Pressure Gauge has flat lined on the dash. All the other gauges work well.

The car runs good, has more power than before, but I can't get rid of these codes. What should I do?

Tuner in Training
    You'd want to do a CASE learn. Zoomer did put it on the site, and like he said, it isn't a common thing (I know a few people running ZZP's PCM, and no problems). After doing it, it should be fine (might clear those codes after).

Potential Tuner

Ok

Ok, how would I go about getting a case learn done. Also, I noticed something today that caught my attention. I used my scanner today to clear the codes. Once the codes were clear I noticed that the oil pressure gauge began to work.

It stayed functioning for about 8 seconds and and it suddenly flat lined, followed by the SES light coming back on.

I retried the process again, and had the same result functioned for a few seconds, and dead agian, followed by DTC's.

What should I do?

Tuner in Training
    Well, I'm guessing you don't have HPTuner. Going through the scanner program, you can set it up to do it. Also, anyone with a Tech-II can do it, including the dealer.

I can confidently say that is your problem.

Potential Tuner

Ok...

Have you seen this behavior before? Why is the oil gauge acting this way?

If you have a Snap on scanner you can do a case learn with it. I believe it is in the functional test menu.

Brian