Thread: 2007 5.4l F150

Tuner in Training

2007 5.4l F150

Hello,

Can anyone tell us what the MBT spark is on these 5.4L?

We were messing with timing this weekend and found these engines love octane and can adjust timing accordingly. What we don't know since this was all done on the street is what the MBT is?

We messed with the shift firmness, A/F, and timing. The shift firmness was increased and the truck drives much nicer, way better than from the factory. Just messing with the A/F (fine tuning with a wideband) made the truck run stronger. Timing was messed with but we are unsure of all the parameters resulting in timing being pulled or added.

How do you guys read knock?

We couldn't find an option in recording data in the HP software. This would be really nice since next time we will be playing with different octane levels and would like to see what the max for each is.

Thanks,

Greg

I am sure I will have more question the more we play with it.

id like to get on this band wagon too... has the scanner been released yet for the fords? mr, did u check the PIDs to find if you had any KR variables?

On the scanner right click on the left hand side where it shows you the legends, in the undefined section, open it up and see if there is something that shows KR*...

will be getting to my friends f150 again very soon!

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin'
    id like to get on this band wagon too... has the scanner been released yet for the fords? mr, did u check the PIDs to find if you had any KR variables?

On the scanner right click on the left hand side where it shows you the legends, in the undefined section, open it up and see if there is something that shows KR*...

I will point my friend who has the software here and see if you he can tell you more. I am just the guy getting tuned and trying to learn as much as I can, these F150's are new for both of us. The HP software seems to be very powerful compared to what I used to use on my Mustangs. Almost to powerful for someone like me, I am glad he has background in tuning, it was amazing how much the truck woke up just tweaking a couple small things. We still have a lot to learn on what we can and can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpostraction
    Hello,

Can anyone tell us what the MBT spark is on these 5.4L

Thanks,

Greg

I am sure I will have more question the more we play with it.
    Greg,
    On the PowerPC computer vehicles such as yours the MBT table is basically the max allowed table. On earlier vehicles (EEC-v computer) you will see a max allowed table in this circumstance it is unecessary to modify the MBT table.
    If you command more timing in the borderline knock table than in the MBT table on the Power PC then your timing will be "clipped" at the MBT table value.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin'

On Greg's 07 F150 there were no KR PIDS to log with the scanner.
    01 WS6 with a little whistle...
    07 TBSS
    98 GTP intercooled & pullied

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jah81592
    Greg,
    On the PowerPC computer vehicles such as yours the MBT table is basically the max allowed table. On earlier vehicles (EEC-v computer) you will see a max allowed table in this circumstance it is unecessary to modify the MBT table.
    If you command more timing in the borderline knock table than in the MBT table on the Power PC then your timing will be "clipped" at the MBT table value.
    Ahh, yes, this was all just made clear to me. Thanks ozws6!

Your welcome.

I have tunes several of those trucks and picked up a ton of power even on 87 oct.
    Justin Starkey
    Ford and GM custom tuning
    Mobile Dynojet 224xLC
    www.VMPTuning.com
    2006 F250 CC 6.0L 14.3@92
    2006 Mustang 4.0L Vortech 15psi 395rwhp wife's car
    2000 Mustang 3.8L TT [email protected] 450rwhp

Tuner in Training
    Where do these engines safely make the most HP for a N/A application on 93 octane?