Thread: Abount to become an HP Tuners Customer and have???

Tuner

Abount to become an HP Tuners Customer and have???

We just completed a custom installation of a 3800SC w 4T65eHD trans in a Pontiac Fiero. The PCM used is an 03 Grand Prix is service number 12583826
    HDWR no. 12582721. Now since this is a custom instalation the vehicle serial number will not match that of the car which the engine and PCM were taken from. With the OBD2 PCM and unknown ser no. is it possible to use this program to tune? I have considerable experience tuning with the older GM C3 ECM's and this is not an issue with those computers but we would like the same ability using OBD2. THis installtion is for personal use so I hope that the answer doesn't come back that we need to purchase some commercial software at a megabucks price.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It might be in your best interests to have someone with a tech 2 flash your pcm to a valid stock file for a vehicle we currently support to ensure a smooth transition.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Bill: The PCM was taken from a 03 Grand Prix w 3800SC so the program should be ready to use. We could have it reflashed with a Tech 2 if necessary, but I don't see how this would allow us to gain anything. That PCM was used on many different vehicles and I can see that a variety of programs were used but starting and ending with a GTP program should be OK-right? I see you guys are located not far from my place.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Theres a chance you can run into issues if you don't have it flashed back to stock using GM's protocal.

-Bill
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 10-02-2007 at 11:28 AM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"