Thread: MPVI start to get hot.

Angry MPVI start to get hot.

Here is the problem. I tuned to my friend car 2004 Holden Commodore then we start the car and went out to get scan some data until now every thing was OK . After that I start the scanner try to connect and it gave me, (No interface cable was found).
    I tried the usual stuff like rebooting the computer, reconnecting the interface, etc but still no response . Then, I have noticed that the power lamp on the interface is OFF so I disconnect it from both the car and the laptop and start reading troubleshooting and found nothing . Then I reconnect the interface to try it one more time to the car only the power lap is on now (thought because I gave it a time while I was reading ). Connect the USP cable to the interface the lamp still on , but when I connect the USP cable to the laptop the lamp went OFF and the interface start to get HOT from the serial cable side . Thought it was from the laptop so I changed the laptop NOTHING change . Change the CAR still no RESPONSE .

NOTE: I purchase the MPVI before 5 months and it was working fine on many cars problem just happened yesterday.

MORE INFO:
    ACER Laptop 1.6 MHz Pentium, 512 MB DDR

Sorry, for making it that long but I want to mention every single detail.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    responded to your email.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"