Thread: GM Announces G8 pricing!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

GM Announces G8 pricing!

Press release from yesterday. I thought some might be interested.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Pontiac Announces G 8 Pricing
    10/02 11:00 am (PR)
    Story 1638 (GM)
    New RWD Performance Sedan to Start Under $28k

DETROIT, Oct. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Pontiac today confirmed pricing for its new rear-wheel drive G 8 performance sedan will start at $27,595 when it hits the streets in early 2008. The V-8 powered G 8 GT will be available for $29,995.

"The G 8 represents the next phase in Pontiac's commitment to bring seductively designed, high-performance vehicles to the showroom floor," said Craig Bierley, Pontiac marketing director. "Our dealers and customers have been anxiously waiting for this vehicle since we first showed it at the Chicago Auto Show in February, so we're really excited to get this car on the street early next year."

The G 8 is powered by a 3.6 -liter VVT V-6 engine and five-speed automatic transmission and comes equipped with a number of standard convenience and safety features, including StabiliTrak electronic stability control, six airbags and OnStar. The G 8 GT ups the ante with a 6.0 -liter V-8 mated to a six-speed automatic transmission and additional standard equipment.

Customers can get a closer look at the G 8 at www.pontiac.com/g8.

Pontiac is a division of General Motors Corporation (NYSE: GM) and markets the Vibe, Solstice roadster, G 5 sports coupe, Torrent compact utility vehicle and the G 6 family of sedans, coupes and retractable hardtop convertibles. For the 2008 model year, Pontiac expands its GXP performance series with the introduction of the G 6 GXP and Torrent GXP, and will launch the all-new rear- wheel drive G 8 performance sedan in early 2008. Pontiac sold more than 410,000 vehicles in 2006, ranking third among GM divisions in total sales. More information on Pontiac and its products can be found on the division's website at www.pontiac.com, and in Spanish at www.pontiac.com/espanol.

SOURCE General Motors Corporation

YUM!

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner

Still no plans for a 6 speed?

Sweeet - cheaper then the GTO was.

I noticed there were no options for a manual transmission. I have heard that the manual transmission G8 would be available about 1/2 way through the first model year, anyone else hear this or was I just dreaming?
    -Eddie

1998 GTP - 3.4 [3.2] [3.0] MPS - custom CAI - F.1 Ram Air hood - XP Cam - Ported Heads - 1.84/1.60 Si valves - 1.6 HS Roller Rockers - 72mm Ported TB - LQ4 MAF - 42.5# Lucas Injectors - Pacesetters
    1/4 PB - 13.025 @ 106.81 MPH w/ 2.069 60'
    2021 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 Baby Duramax

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I really hope it will be, I don't want another auto.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

we have the 6spd auto and manual out here, here's a link to the Holden Commodore the G8 is based on. The sub $30k price is cheaper than we can buy them here, and they are made here!! (the GTO was also cheaper to buy in the US)

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...ry?vehicleid=4
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    That is soooo bull.. No manual trans???? So what, a Grand Prix GXP again, V-8 engine with a automatic trans.. Well, there goes my dream of owning a G8.

Advanced Tuner
    I wouldn't get to worried about the transmission just yet. They are probably just concentrating on the auto for the first production run since it will likely be a larger seller. Since it is already set up to use a 6 speed manuel surely they will end up offering one for sale.

G8 GT or GXP will be offered with an optional 6 speed manual about 1/2 way through 08 (mark my words)
    2004 Yellow M6
    HPT Pro, LM1, SVEDE, 85mm FAST Manifold, 85mm TB, TR224 112 Cam, TEA ported/milled 243 heads, SW LT headers, SW Custom Side Exhaust, King springs, Pedders shocks, Hotchkis sways, Pedders & ES Bushings, DBA rotors, Hawk/Axxis pads, Stoptech lines, shiftlight, AP Sideskirts, AP rear bumper, 05 hood, SAP grilles, Hoens, dual aeroforce gauges
    Stock 309.8 RWHP 330.7 RWTQ
    Now ? RWHP ? RWTQ
    1 of 1014

2017 Audi A5 2.0T Cabriolet (bone stock) Daily/winter driver

Potential Tuner
    G8 looks badass, no doubt about it.
    - Brendan
    My Truck: 99 Silverado, 4.8, TDs, HP Tuners

Tuner in Training
    I like it alot!!

2005 Grand Prix GXP - 5.3 LS4 - HP Tuned, MF catback, 1.8 rockers, K&N, Some day I'll finish putting the LS6 intake on

Advanced Tuner
    That makes it look even more fun...