Thread: trade in?

trade in?

I bought a used hp tuner kit. it has unlimited 98 chevy gen III and a single vin 2000 Gen III lic.
    -can i use one of them toward what i have. I would like to lic my 02 either unlimited or single vin??

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You can check under Help-License info-credit upgrade licenses to see what its applied to, more than likely it'll just be toward the tunershop license & the 00 Gen 3 year/model for whatever year/model it is for that single vcm license.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

maybe i missed in the help section. the obd II cable does plug into the mpvi unit and the only thing that plugs into my computer is the usb cable that is connected to my computer

The short answer is no. The help file explains it pretty well. Open up help and search for "License Information". You can upgrade single vehicle licenses to the same model year licenses and retain 75% of your invested credits or you can use the credits towards a tunershop license, but you can't use the licenses you have towards another model year.

There is a possibility that there are still unused credits on that cable. You could check to see how many credits it has on your customer portal site and compare that with the amount of credits you have licensed on the cable. If you have extra credits then you're set. If not the cheapest route would be to buy enough credits to license your single VIN.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

thanks