Thread: histogram question

histogram question

When setting up a histogram for VE is it necessary to enter anything in the filter string bar in the plot filtering area?

That depends on what you are attempting to accomplish with the histogram and data in the log.

If you want to exclude something from the histo display then you could use the filter to do so - for instance you may want to see AFR error only when not in PE, you can filter out any data where PE is active, or filter out data where engine temp is low (didn't let the engine warm up before logging). It's really up to you.

ps you can only filter using pids that you are logging

2005 Grand Prix GXP - 5.3 LS4 - HP Tuned, MF catback, 1.8 rockers, K&N, Some day I'll finish putting the LS6 intake on

Well I'm using it to tune my VE table.I wait till it's warmed up to start scanning.I have the cell hits set at 25 and the decimals to 2.I don't have anything in the filter string area and was wondering if that's ok.

OK, yeah it's just fine to leave it empty.

Use filters only if you think you need to.

2005 Grand Prix GXP - 5.3 LS4 - HP Tuned, MF catback, 1.8 rockers, K&N, Some day I'll finish putting the LS6 intake on