Thread: Borderline Spark

Borderline Spark

I just wanted to get this straight. I mean this is the spark table on the fords and i beleive that they are based on the AFR, so the more we add the lower the AFR gets meaning more fuel???? So basically you need to tune them with a WB02.

I'm kinda stuck on this because even though I edit the tables, do I have to hear for knock myself as the scanner doesn't provide any KR, i mean in the editor it does show kr tabs and also that there are 2 knock sensors installed... would we have to put in a request to get this into the ford scanner??...

I'm really lost with the fords, I wish I had the time and money to rent a dyno out for a whole day and start some tuning on it, but I don't... if anyone can help plz post up, cheers

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Spark doesn't have any weird correlation with AF like your first paragraph suggests. Now there is a table that modifies spark based on AF, but its not the other way around, and that table is not usually a huge component. Its not even used on some vehicles.

The 05+ Mustang knock sensors are a little complicated to log, but work very well once you get them under control.
    Justin Starkey
    Ford and GM custom tuning
    Mobile Dynojet 224xLC
    www.VMPTuning.com
    2006 F250 CC 6.0L 14.3@92
    2006 Mustang 4.0L Vortech 15psi 395rwhp wife's car
    2000 Mustang 3.8L TT [email protected] 450rwhp

Justin,
    Is KR on Fords similar to Knock Count on early GM's where you have to do a differential equation in the data stream to determine if the engine knocked? Eg. Is it a rollover count?
    Always Support Our Troops!

No. Its a subtractor, but also an adder if it sees no activity.
    Justin Starkey
    Ford and GM custom tuning
    Mobile Dynojet 224xLC
    www.VMPTuning.com
    2006 F250 CC 6.0L 14.3@92
    2006 Mustang 4.0L Vortech 15psi 395rwhp wife's car
    2000 Mustang 3.8L TT [email protected] 450rwhp