Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boosted Ecotec tuning time, need help PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lefix
    Hmm, i dont really understand timing advance, but i use 92 octane and i thought i only need to edit the high octane table, my low octane is stock...

I should edit my Spark Advance table like what Russ shown me right?

You should change all timing tables for PE (power Enrichment). High Octane and Low Octane are not really talking about the octane you are running. Depending on if the ECU see's knock or not it will bounce between High, Low and Alc high octane tables. If your low PE is higher than your High PE and it see's knock it will not be able to adjust down. Understand? Have you put the stock O2 sensor in the downpipe yet?

Tuner in Training
    LOL, i dont really understand, there are actually 4 different Spark advance tables, one is high octane, one is low octane, one is high octane (PE), and one is low octane (PE), can you check what Russ has posted for me and see if that is okay, its barely any change, is that ALL i need to change? I just thought i should change more numbers since im running boost now... :P

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

LOL, i dont really understand, there are actually 4 different Spark advance tables, one is high octane, one is low octane, one is high octane (PE), and one is low octane (PE), can you check what Russ has posted for me and see if that is okay, its barely any change, is that ALL i need to change? I just thought i should change more numbers since im running boost now... :P
    Sorry what I posted earlier was kind of wrong for your ECU. The 2 fields you have to change are the HO-PE and LO-PE (PE is power enrichment). Because your boosted and your ECU can't read boost you only have to worry about the last 2 rows (KPA 100 and KPA 105). Does that help you understand more?

Tuner in Training
    I see, so would there be a disadvantage because my ECU cant read boost? Or it doesnt matter? Thats why i asked is that all i have to change?

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

the 1 bar map sensor is made to read 1 bar

over that with time the diaphargm will broke

I see, so would there be a disadvantage because my ECU cant read boost? Or it doesnt matter? Thats why i asked is that all i have to change?
    If your ECU could read boost it would be a much easier tuning ECU, and much better tune.

Tuner in Training
    K so i put my stock 02 back in and the car runs at around 14.7 ALL the time except when its idling... So how am i suppose to override or whatever i need to do with HpTuner now?

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

Tuner in Training
    Okay, i figured out how, i disabled "Closed Loop Enable" so now im always running in open loop, is that okay?

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

Tuner
    not really, because you'll be washing cylinders down with fuel all the time.. its ok to be safe for the time being, but you're wasting fuel, and too much fuel ALL the time is kind of bad.

what is your current tune file?

you also have to setup your scanner to properly record the car so you can make changes.

I can send you my most recent config. for the scanner.. I FINALLY got it to work just right.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Eh it really depends on what the commanded afr is and how close you are to it.

For instance on most LS1 fbodies the commanded afr at idle & cruise is 14.63-14.7:1 afr in open loop and 12.9:1 at wot(although in that case pe would most likely be commanding richer meaning it would take over)

So you see, just because your in open loop doesnt mean your going to wash your cylinders, it just means you have some toonin' to do
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I edited it again so that it will be in closed loop all the time and when i hit the TPS to 40% or more, it will be in open loop and my AFR is around 12...

Haven't finished tuning WOT because my innovate wideband messed up on me, the LC-1 died..

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFlyinSkwirl
    not really, because you'll be washing cylinders down with fuel all the time.. its ok to be safe for the time being, but you're wasting fuel, and too much fuel ALL the time is kind of bad.

what is your current tune file?

you also have to setup your scanner to properly record the car so you can make changes.

I can send you my most recent config. for the scanner.. I FINALLY got it to work just right.
    Was wondering if you can also send me your most recent config. for scanner...thanks

Tuner in Training
    Hey skwirl what is the config for scanner? you mean your most recent .hpt file?

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

I edited it again so that it will be in closed loop all the time and when i hit the TPS to 40% or more, it will be in open loop and my AFR is around 12...

Haven't finished tuning WOT because my innovate wideband messed up on me, the LC-1 died..

Don't really understand that statement.

Tuner in Training
    Okay what i am saying is that when my TPS is less than 40%, it is in closed loop where the stock O2 sensor will adjust how much fuel to use and therefore keeping a ~14.7 AFR, and when i step on the gas over 40%, it goes into open loop and it will use the hpt VE Map and adjust how much fuel to use and it is around 12 AFR when im in open loop.

But my innvoate wideband stopped working and i just sent it in, so once i get it back, i will tune WOT, which i haven't fully tuned yet, right now WOT is WAY TOO RICH, like 9.8 AFR and then jumps to 13 and then once it shifts into second then it goes back down to 10-11 and stays there..

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

Tuner in Training
    i used the set up provided by Russ K on my turbo 2.2 and they work really well .the only thing i am going to change is the 100 kpa collum on the high octane table .my map only reads to 104 according to my scan so the 105 collum table values i dont think are doing anything .i can say now that my car now runs and feels like a stocker , except when i put my foot in it .thanks to Russ K and this thread .

Quote Originally Posted by wftb
    i used the set up provided by Russ K on my turbo 2.2 and they work really well .the only thing i am going to change is the 100 kpa collum on the high octane table .my map only reads to 104 according to my scan so the 105 collum table values i dont think are doing anything .i can say now that my car now runs and feels like a stocker , except when i put my foot in it .thanks to Russ K and this thread .
    are you using the fake 2.5 bar calibration?

Tuner in Training
    no ,i still have the stock map .i havent had time to change the 100 collum yet ,when i do i will report back .what i hope to get rid of with my next change is some 4th gear acceleration KR .full throttle runs from a standing stop show no KR (thanks to my snow water meth injection more than likely )

make a 2.5 bar mapping

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett
    make a 2.5 bar mapping
    Why? There is no need for it... All it will do is lose resolution...

P&P Tuning