Thread: Full Throttle

Full Throttle

Hi guys,
    I just had a power run on the dyno and we have noticed that we were only getiing 88.2% throttle and load was 98%. Can I have a senior tuner tell me why I got that and what do i do to get 100% throttle plzz.
    thanx
    ve ssv 73

Advanced Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9700

See the 4th link down in the "Read Me" sticky.

-Matt
    1970 Corvette LS1/T56
    2001 Corvette Z06

Senior Tuner
    What he said, and I would add to that:

The max throttle opening occurs at %TPS reading of 88%. The Corvettes and GTO's are allowed to go this far but the non-performance cars and truck engines are only allowed 83%. This actually leaves about 10ยบ of mechanical throttle blade travel unused in the non performance cars. This is a limit set by the PCM.

ETC is the PID you want to see if you just want to see something read from 0-100% throttle, but, it's one step away from the actual throttle opening percentage. If you notice during a run, the throttle body will open to 83% at less than 3/4 accellerator pedal travel, while ETC will vary to the limit. GM has designed in a ratio of ETC to TPS% that no one has been able to notice in their tuner products yet, although it should be apparent simply by comparing the binary code for throttle actuation ratios between the Vette/GTO LS2 and the Truck/non-performance car LS2 PCMs.

BTW: The %TPS is NOT a direct 1:1 ratio of how far the throttle is open. It's a ratio of the TPS voltage and the bottom limit seems to be between 20-25% TPS reading with the throttle blade mechanically on it's closed stop and the upper limit will read 88% with the throttle blade mechanically on it's wide open stop.
    Last edited by BBA; 10-16-2007 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBA
    GM has designed in a ratio of ETC to TPS% that no one has been able to notice in their tuner products yet, although it should be apparent simply by comparing the binary code for throttle actuation ratios between the Vette/GTO LS2 and the Truck/non-performance car LS2 PCMs.
    Actually it's more of a liability issue as to why it's not in there. HPT knows the code.

Remember the first A.U.D.I DBW issues? Accelerates Under Demonic Influence
    Always Support Our Troops!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Actually it's more of a liability issue as to why it's not in there. HPT knows the code.

Remember the first A.U.D.I DBW issues? Accelerates Under Demonic Influence
    I'll take your word for it...never messed with Audi's other than changing blown head gaskets and fried alternators. But I did beat one cocky audi driver down pretty bad today on the way home from work, do these people actually think an audi is fast or something?