Thread: 2.0 LSJ Tuning, Need Help

Tuner in Training

2.0 LSJ Tuning, Need Help

I have a 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged 2.0 LSJ Ecotec, the car is bored twenty over and has just started the tuning process. My compression is still stock and I had to go with bigger pistons in order to repair the cylinder walls from a tune that cracked my stock pistons. So now I'm trying to do it myself so I know its right.

I have managed to get a rough idle with a descent afr by changing my airflow RPM vs HZ to match the increased airflow due to the larger pistons but anything above idle becomes unstable? attached is the log file. Please try to be specific as I've done alot of reading but experience is null.

Thanks!
    2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
    Performance Mods: |-| 2.5" Modular Pulley |-| Custom Tune |-| 60 lb/h fuel injectors |-| ZEX Plugs |-| Aeroforce Scan Gauge |-| AEM UEGO Wideband |-| CAI (K&N) |-| Ingalls Engine Torque Dampner |-| XTC Downpipe |-| Magnaflow 2.5" Cat Back |-| Hurst STS |-| Diamond Forged Pistons |-| Cometic Head Gasket |-| ARP Head Studs |-| Second Heat Exchanger |-| Raptor Shift Light |-| BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 235/40/18 Tires

Tuner in Training
    Looks like I still need to increase my airflow, I will give this a shot. If anyone has some more insight please reply. Thanks!
    Performance Mods: |-| 2.5" Modular Pulley |-| Custom Tune |-| 60 lb/h fuel injectors |-| ZEX Plugs |-| Aeroforce Scan Gauge |-| AEM UEGO Wideband |-| CAI (K&N) |-| Ingalls Engine Torque Dampner |-| XTC Downpipe |-| Magnaflow 2.5" Cat Back |-| Hurst STS |-| Diamond Forged Pistons |-| Cometic Head Gasket |-| ARP Head Studs |-| Second Heat Exchanger |-| Raptor Shift Light |-| BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 235/40/18 Tires

Tuner in Training
    Or not, seems that at some point increasing my values in airflow do not matter anymore and something is taking over control to help sustain operation?

Tuner
    well, this may help.....something to look at. What is the current displacement of the motor??? Did you change the cylinder volume according to your new pistons

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunburst_SS
    well, this may help.....something to look at. What is the current displacement of the motor??? Did you change the cylinder volume according to your new pistons

No I did not as I figured I would not need to do this if I recalibrated my MAF. I was able to get the above problem working. I will be reposting to see what peoples thoughts are of how its currently running.

Tuner
    glad you got it sorted out...what was the problem??? what is it doing now??

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunburst_SS
    glad you got it sorted out...what was the problem??? what is it doing now??
    Well being new to all of this I needed to disable closed loop and my LTFTs. Once I did that I was able to adjust my airflow correctly to command more fuel. My new post is:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15014