Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP!!!! very high inj duty

Bill,

I was the one who emailed you about the IDc on my friends SS/SC. I have datalogged 2 SS/SC with stage 2 reflashes that have been tuned by the same person with HPT. Both are over 100% IDC, but were running good AFR's. Also talked to many people with SS/SC's. All seem to run high IDC (even with stock SS/SC). It seems GM put these cars out stock with too small of a injector, and the stage 2 kit is too small of a injector as well. Some people seem to think GM knows this and is ok with this, and since these parts are under warranty no big deal. I feel it is playing with fire. I do not what it takes to make people understand over 90& IDC you are are asking for trouble.

Yes, it was on a dyno. I agree with the +100% readings. I just figured it was odd that he was higher using a larger pulley. I've honestly never seen a 'stage 2' run that high (IDC). That wasn't my car btw, so my knowledge is limited. I know it ran 309whp with a 50 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by JMHZ2401
    Bill,

I was the one who emailed you about the IDc on my friends SS/SC. I have datalogged 2 SS/SC with stage 2 reflashes that have been tuned by the same person with HPT. Both are over 100% IDC, but were running good AFR's. Also talked to many people with SS/SC's. All seem to run high IDC (even with stock SS/SC). It seems GM put these cars out stock with too small of a injector, and the stage 2 kit is too small of a injector as well. Some people seem to think GM knows this and is ok with this, and since these parts are under warranty no big deal. I feel it is playing with fire. I do not what it takes to make people understand over 90& IDC you are are asking for trouble.
    for a street car running 100% IDC will not break anything, a street car run about 99% of the time in part throttle