Thread: Log

Tuner in Training

Log

hey i just got hp tuners today and i have been playing around with the a/f ratios and stuff nothing to big yet i was just wondering if this log file i have here is dangerous or not dangerous can someone let me know thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Trims are trying to add a ton of fueling.

You should strongly consider logging commanded afr.

Definitely got some tuning in front of you
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    how would i do that because when i am idling my a/f gauge jumps all over the place and sometimes even maxes out it usually goes from 14ish to 20 and sometimes oven higher so how would i go about fixing that

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    is it a wideband?

Tuner in Training
    yeah its a aem wideband and btw i got a 07 chevy cobalt supercharged with stage 2 and a 2.9 pully

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    weird, under normal circumbstances you should hover around 14.5-14.9:1 just sitting there idling. Wonder if you have a leak(intake or exhaust) somewhere causing not only your high fuel trims but your wideband reading super lean.

Tuner in Training
    well i mean my wideband even when im idling and normal driving it bounces everywhere but it usually stays around the 18 19 range does that mean i have a leak or something i very new to this so all help is appreciated

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would tend to think theres something going on there, mine stays rock solid at 14.6-14.8:1 until I enter pe for the most part.

Tuner in Training
    ok so what are you suggesting that i have a leak i will check for leaks and see if that solves the problem but here is my tune file to see if there is any problems with it just because i have a feeling that the problem is in the tune not in the car but you know more than me so let me know thanks

Tuner
    what does your gauge read for vac. at idle??? you should be seing between 18-22 in. hg. vac. at idle. Posibility that when the stage kit was installed that there is a leak around the injector o-ring of the supercharger. Just things to check. Always a good idea to make sure the vehicle is mechanically sound before attacking the tune.

Tuner in Training
    it reads around 20 except when the air is one then it reads around 12 to 15 so you are thinking it might be a fuel leak if its not that what else would it be so i can take a look at it when i get home thanks

Tuner in Training
    ok well i checked all spot that there could be a leak supercharger injectors exhaust etc and everything is all tight now and now my a/f gauge is reading around 14.6 to like 15.2 it doesnt move around as much as it did so what do i do from here to get it to stay in that nice 14.7 while cruising and at idle would i have to tune the VE let me know thanks again

our cars dont really use the ve table all that much. mainly maf. log commanded vs actual error %, i forget what its called exactly someone else can probably chime in on that one for ya.
    05 Ion Redline
    2.85" ZZP Pully // 42.5#/hr injectors // K&N Cold Air // !cat // Cobra Heat Exchanger // Tuning