Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMM Dmax Tuning, anyone?

Potential Tuner

Newbie to programming....

Hi, I'm completely new to programming, but have over 20 year exp as a Diesel Mechanic and Marine Engineer.

I've got a pet project I'm starting. That is putting a 2008 LMM duramax into a boat. I'm going to run with a full manual,2 speed power glide (without torque convertor) and a surface drive....
    455hp with this configuration should have me up around the 90Mph mark.

I really want to get into the programming side, but The thing is I'm a bit in the dark as to where I should go with software.

The 1st thing I want to do is do the softwear changes that will let me get rid of any unwanted codes due to not running the Allison and all the rest of the Controllers (TCM, BCM etc). I'll have a stand a lone harness.

I don't want to go silly on bumping up the HP, 90+ over standard will be more than enough. (I'm happy to run with the 365hp for a start... but I would like to learn and play)

There is a lot of info at EFIlive
    It looks pretty good here at HPT as well.

I haven't purchased softwear yet (I'll be doing that in the next week or so)
    Guess I'm just looking for some positive feed back towards this product and tuning LMM 2008 dmax's

honestly if you dont have much tuning experience and are going to need help efilive is a better choice just because of the support. Duramaxdiesels.com would be a great place to join. lots of very knowledgeable duramax people there
    03 2500hd HPT, PPE, MBRP, K&N, SD
    www.DuramaxDiesels.com

Don't worry--if you need help, just post something. Someone here will help.
    2009 Cadillac CTS-V 196.7 MPH on the Salt
    Superflow SF600 FlowBench -- Superflow Autodyn 30 Chassis Dyno -- Superflow SF901 Engine Dyno--RaceLogic Emulator -- MikiPro Logic Emulator -- ASNU Injector Flow Bench --

Quote Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
    Don't worry--if you need help, just post something. Someone here will help.
    there arent many people here that know anything about diesels but are more than willing to help with stuff they know nothing about. I tune with HPtuners but i knew what i was doing before i came to this site.
    www.DuramaxDiesels.com

That's good...then hopefully as an expert you'll speak up.
    Last edited by Programmer; 10-20-2009 at 10:53 PM.
    2009 Cadillac CTS-V 196.7 MPH on the Salt
    Superflow SF600 FlowBench -- Superflow Autodyn 30 Chassis Dyno -- Superflow SF901 Engine Dyno--RaceLogic Emulator -- MikiPro Logic Emulator -- ASNU Injector Flow Bench --

Quote Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
    That's good...then hopefully as an expert you'll speak up.
    I speak up as much as i can but the problem is people don't ask what tables do what, instead they ask for tunes and then when i publicly post tunes other people use them for there profit. I wouldn't call myself an expert by any means but i do have alot of dmax stuff figured out.

To many people in the diesel section want to be spoon fed rather than figure out how to tune themselves.
    www.DuramaxDiesels.com

Potential Tuner
    Anyone still have lmm tunes available?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerjofrankl View Post
    Anyone still have lmm tunes available?
    im also looking pm me thanks

I've posted my 20/20 tune from my 2010 LMM in another thread you are welcome take a look at. Its for a lighter exhaust. Also there are some good ones in the repository.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Potential Tuner
    lol lmao good ones in repository your funny , there all stock in repository hp tuners deleted everything . also i dl your tune already havent tryed it out yet tho . how much hp you make on it ??
    Last edited by acid; 04-15-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Sorry did not realize they deleted everything, must have been a recent event (wasn't meaning to jest as I used one from there). I have a couple decent ones that were available.
    My current truck tune i did not have dynoed or anyting like that. was just going for a good strong tow tune that didn't smoke. I get a touch of black at initial transient when you hammer it but overall seems to run swift, especially from the bottom (compared to before). its got more to go but i am being gentle on the tranny. Just data log and you'll find spots to tweak. Watch your EGT's when you start adding fuel. The more fuel you run, the more air you need keep down the temps. Of course timing plays into that as well.
    There was one in the repository that ran great but, you'd want to have a strong tranny thats for sure.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned