Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Redline/GXP owners step inside

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.

Redline/GXP owners step inside(jonesin' for more features)

Whom among us has installed a boost controller?
    Have you turned off the resulting CEL's related to factory boost control and if so has the rest of the car behaved itself? no limphome,etc?

I'm ready for the bigger turbo.
    Last edited by Baldturbofreak.com; 12-12-2007 at 07:34 PM. Reason: altered title due to evolution of thread

Advanced Tuner
    Noone has an an external boost controller eh?
    I hate the idea of redundancy as well.Also.

Tuner in Training
    i wired the electronic boost controller off of dejon's site into the factory boost control harness. i have it set to 23lbs and get no cels. it does kick into limp mode just at the end of the quarter, but it pulls like a sob to get there. seems to be about 12 secs of over boost before it goes limp. if you dont hold overboost for more than 12 secs its fine.

Advanced Tuner
    Nice. I'm putting the GT3071R on it right now. I guess I'll stick the E-boost on there even for cockpit adjustabiity.
    We just need more RPM and ETC control. Hopefully when SEMA's wrapped up Chris and the Guys can crack this sucker.

I'll make a deal with hptuners- you guys crack the davinci code here with the PCM before PRI and I'll drive the car downthere for you guys to display, big turbo and fist fulla dynosheets in hand. (If you want er' there that is)

Tuner in Training
    sweet. what are you using for a manifold? i grenaded mine in august with stupid amounts of nitrous so i decided to sleeve a block and i'm waiting for it to come back from my machinist, but i was thinking about a gt3582r previous to building a new motor.now that i had to build a motor i might use one of the hx35's i've already got in the shop.

Advanced Tuner
    Im using the stocker with a set of adapters I CNC@my shop. The Gt3071R/wg is the largest internallly gated BB turbo garrett makes. (it's t-28)
    The next step will be a Gt3582R or Gt4094R and a tube manifold. But thats not for a while. The wife will be plenty satisfied with 440whp.

Advanced Tuner
    Bump for some GXP action!

Advanced Tuner
    Happy Thanksgiving!

And bump for boost/rpm control! lol

Advanced Tuner
    Bump for 7500rpm redline!

Advanced Tuner
    Bump for a VE table!

Advanced Tuner

need some more tools to deal with this!
    Please !!!! oh pretty please Bill and CHris!
    With Sugar on top!

Advanced Tuner
    Another tuner desperately awaiting full features on the LNF.

So far I am refusing to tune the LNF until I get the boost and other controls, and I am also waiting for the Aisin automatic tuning so I can tune the TCM for the other club members.

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe we should get a Poll of folk together to illustrate how many folks are Jonesin' for the rest of the goods.
    Perhaps our neglect is the function of pure economics.
    they look at this forum and count about 5 guys whining about their GXP/redline (Me, you, shady,jackB,etc)
    and about 100 folks over on the fordbored (hee hee play on words) clamioring for their attention as well.
    Doesnt take a mathmatical geneious to figure out what the more lucrative goal is.
    I suppose it has to do with the fact that most GXP owners arent the TUner type. As in they dont have the skills/confidence to modify their own car. A handheld or a tuner like me(or you) is their only hope. That makes Us thier mouthpiece since we willbe purchasing the credits for them.

Advanced Tuner
    So ouT with it! If your a Gxp/Redline owner or tuner desperatly waiting for the rest the functions STAND UP AND BE COUNTED! maybe talk a little about your combo and issues as well.

Tuner in Training
    New Intercooler, check,

Jonesin to change the turbo and make a sweet sleeper car, Check,

Waiting on tuning tables,

There it is one more counted.

Count me in....

Tuner in Training
    I am a GXP owner, lots of fun stuff on the car, new intercooler high flow cat, all new hoses and t-bolt clamps, it's ready for some more boost if someone would unlock the darn boost controller. I am working with Lyndon Wester he has seen well over 300 ft/lbs with the stock turbo, but it keeps shutting him down. Please we need some relief. Someone go kid nap a GM racing PCM and see what they did. Sure wish someone had read one at the SCCA Nationals, they were breaking loose 275 Hosiers in 3rd.

Potential Tuner
    I'm also looking for GXP tuning.

I won't consider HP Tuners on the Turbo Solstice/Sky a valid solution until it can modify the tables necessary to control boost and kill any torque management.

Russ

Tuner in Training
    Tuning question, I was on the dyno Saturday. With the learning of this ECM do we need to put some miles on the car before we dyno after a tune upload. We did the upload with the car on the dyno, and did not see the expected results. We did break the 300 ft/lb mark without going limp but peak hp was a bit low from previous runs, at 255. It was 267, 2 weeks ago but we didn't have a flat curve or the same torque.

Advanced Tuner
    yes, right after a flash all the BLM's have been zero'd. Any deviations in CMD/actual AFR = reduced boost/timing.

After a few drive cycles the BLM's have ahd a chance to get into sync with the car.