Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Redline/GXP owners step inside

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15794

"We won't be able to revisit the LNF pcm's until sometime after the next public release, I don't believe Chris has a specific timeline for them as there were a few things that were ahead of any "free" time that still need to be finished up before we can revisit the pcm in question. I know its probably not what you want to hear but its about the most up to date information we could give at the moment."

Remember we only had 1 calibration engineer working on all GM, all Ford & all Dodge calibrations which means he was getting pulled in about 50 different ways for the pcm's we currently support, not very easy to make several weeks worth of time for a specific pcm because of this.

Our company is growing even as the industry is not which will allow us to add new requested parameters & pcm support much quicker & more efficiently than any other software company which will hopefully lead to many more happy customers

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Just to keep you guys in the loop, as of the beginning of May we have added 2 new calibration engineers for whom are going through training on our system as we speak. It will be a couple of weeks before they are up to speed in what we do & how we do it but one of the first projects we will put them to work on is the alloytech pcm's including the solstice & sky 2.0t's to add more parameters in the editor & more PID's in the scanner definitions.

Advanced Tuner
    Well that would come in handy. I have 589 sky/solstice members and growing and the majority I cannot tune because of this. I know there is not any other option out there, but shouldn't that be more reason to get this finished?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO
    I know there is not any other option out there, but shouldn't that be more reason to get this finished?
    We don't need more of a reason, we simply need more hours in the day(which isn't possible) & more manpower(which we are doing).

-Bill

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    I have been trying to tune out KR, it's tough to figure out which table the ignition is basing off at that instant.

Also the MAF modifier table, is that number a multipier or divisor? It's been a few months I forgot..

We should start a new thread for the Bosch MED9 that is a Help/how to File on the LNF.

Check this log, the reduced throttle is killing me.
    Last edited by Baldturbofreak.com; 05-18-2008 at 08:29 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    use this .cfg

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    your #8 histo you should probably change the map units from psi to kpa, I don't think you'll ever hit 210 psi in your application

Advanced Tuner
    Are you still on the stock intercooler bft?

Advanced Tuner
    lol good catch bill, at least not until they build us a little baby turbo-diesel.

Yep still rockin the stock IC, stock exhaust.
    The only mods are my Turbo kit, consisting of
    Gt3076R, external 38mm, catless downpipe and 4" freeflow inlet W/c6 filter.

I have seen as much as 44lbs min MAF,31.5lbs min VE.
    I dont think an intercooler or exhaust is nessicary just yet, and I'm nearly out of turbo again. (52lbs/min max flow)

Airflow is there, I'm just getting gremlin'd by the (very smart) MED9.4.

Soon, we'll be out of MAP sensor. 255kpa is easily pegged even with pumpgas and the stock turbo. 4 Bar is going to be nessicary with the 35R.

I hope to high heaven that the archetecture of this PCM lends itself to the use of a different sensor.

Also, Bill I changed my igniton maps so that they read out to 240%load.
    Did that actually change how the pcm lines up loading or is it just a label?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Pretty sure it changes how the pcm determines what cell it is in the timing table, at least thats how it is with every other pcm with editable axes.

Advanced Tuner
    it seems to b e working
    I have rescaled my ignition tables out to 280% load (im hitting that on pump gas!) And have taken the AFR Adder and zero'd it out to look like an 08'.

Well Im getting 25-26psi with ZERO KR. But it pops black out the tail like it's putting the spark out with fuel.
    I have been leaning it back out. 1.0 till 3500 then taper to .82 @ torque peak back out to .95 by redline.
    Again no KR.

Next move is to pull the sparkplugs, gap em down to 0.040" and start sneakin timing in on the 4 tables. hopefully that will get rid of the misfires.

Advanced Tuner
    On the timing, Is it possible that this thing interpolates advance beyond the table using the last known slope? With no KR I see some very low (even negative advance) being commanded when it's "off the chart" on loading. here are some more logs and the latest rendition of tune

I think the fact that you are going off the deep end of 280% tells you that the tables are not really being rescaled doesnt it? When I tried it (rescaling to 240%) I ended up with the exact same histogram pattern after completing another pass.
    WOT

Next move is to pull the sparkplugs, gap em down to 0.040" and start sneakin timing in on the 4 tables. hopefully that will get rid of the misfires.
    Which plugs do you have in there? The hotter plugs used to be GM Part 12617309 .. not sure if that is still the current number for shipping plugs or not ... it was a running change that started late in the 07 model year.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not sure what plugs are in there, never had them out. Since we took delivery in May of last year I would assume it's an early one.

I wonder what additional timing modifiers lurk inside. What Im loggin is not what is commanded in the timing tables. It's about 3-4 deg low. depending where in the map ya are.

Uploaded the GXP 08 Manual Tune to the Repository and hopefully Bill or one of the other wonder HPTuners folks will approve it so that it is visible

Advanced Tuner
    I wonder if there is a TPS component to ignition timing.
    IT almosts seems as though there is a corelation with my missing ignition timing and the ETC commanded.

Well I do have the hotter plugs and I pasted the 08 table that I listed in the other thread over the one that I had and it is much smoother from a throttle response point of view. It also cleaned up a little of the knock that I was seeing under WOT. I have the wester tune with the wastgate rod about 3 turns from the all the way forward position, dejon IC, 3' magnaflow catback exhaust and ED IC pipes.

Advanced Tuner
    another log from this afternoon... getting KR back from putting a little timing back in the AFR column.

I wonder what boost it's really running.... It's putting 47lbs/min MAF in there, along with 33lbs/min VE.

But it just doesnt pull clean. I can feel each change in ignition timing/get a little poppin out the back (but no coincident KR)

I'm gonna gap the plugs down this evening and see if that helps.

At 47lbs/min and a 30deg hop in IAT's I think I'm beginning to see the limitations of the of the stock IC.
    Last edited by Baldturbofreak.com; 05-20-2008 at 04:35 PM.

I'm gonna gap the plugs down this evening and see if that helps.
    Having had the stock set from early 07 and the hotter 08 set of plugs I would recommend an investment in the hotter plugs

At 47lbs/min and a 30deg hop in IAT's I think I'm beginning to see the limitations of the of the stock IC.
    The stock IC can heat soak on you in the summer and it just don't cut it for overall torque ... There are a bunch of dyno sheet on the Solstice Forum that show where a replacement IC like the one from Dejon deliver on the torque numbers ...