Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Redline/GXP owners step inside

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by black06g85
    Let me clear this one up:
    My car = 411whp stock motor, clutch, fuel rail. (a bit more now with better fuel system, can't dyno cause I finally killed my stock clutch) (new one goes in on aug 16th hopefully)

Hahn's car 440whp not stock motor, everything built but the sleeves, and well, I'll leave that alone.

465whp (supposed by ZZP) twincharged, but still have not been shown any real proof of numbers and I believe is total bs because stock cams will not support that air flow.
    Small clarification department: The car is not Hahn's, but a local chicago-area fellow's. Poor guy thought he put in an engine with heavy-duty sleeves...when all it had was bore-in replacements of stock dimensions. It made 440 WHP on 20 PSI, 93 octane pump gas without meth. It will see its true potential at higher boost levels

We are very proud of black06g85's numbers, as they were achieved using Hahn Cobalt products: StreetRace intake manifold, front-mount intercooler, and Billet blow-off valve. Great job man !
    Last edited by TurboDynasty; 10-07-2008 at 04:06 PM.

yeah kinda didn't want to say that publicly..
    but yes I use all hahn's parts on my car now (minus a few things I did myself before their kit was out).... great stuff by far.
    and that car (the 35r car) is going to make some serious power once it's ready for high boost.... making me want to get off my ass and tear my motor down.

and btw my car's up to 440whp/400wtq on 104 octane and 414/378 on 93 ( a bit higher now with the colder weather, but haven't been back to the dyno..... yet)
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by black06g85 View Post
    yeah kinda didn't want to say that publicly..
    I'lve already forgiven you for letting it slip

lol thanks
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

Potential Tuner
    First off sorry for the newb questions...I did some researched and skimmed through all the solstice/cobalt SS/HHR SS/LNF threads I could find and some things still aren't clear to me.

It sounds like some tuning parameters/tables are available for the LNF engine, but not as much for the solstice compared to the cobalt/hhr?

If there is more available for the cobalt/hhr, is it not possible to reflash the solstice computer with a cobalt/hhr OS/tune?

No transmission tuning is available for these vehicles with automatic transmissions?

If anyone can clarify this I would appreciate it. I'm really chomping at the bit to swap one of these engines into an older Chevy but need to know I can tune what I need to to make things work correctly. I've already completed a few LSx swaps but haven't delved into the Ecotec world much.
    98 Chevy truck RCSBFS 2wd/5.7L/4L60E:drive:/Paxton Novi 2000 S/C @ 7psi / Megasquirt
    72 Chevelle LQ9/4L80E/GT42 conversion in the works
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449129

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It sounds like some tuning parameters/tables are available for the LNF engine, but not as much for the solstice compared to the cobalt/hhr?
    As far as I know there are about the same amount of tables/params for each.

No transmission tuning is available for these vehicles with automatic transmissions?
    Depends on the application & TCM, for instance we DO support some HHR 2.0t/ A4 combinations, however DO NOT support the A4 TCM in the Solstice 2.0t. You WILL be able to tune the pcm in those applications, just NOT the tcm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the quick reply Bill. And my understanding is that there are no plans to support for the Solstice A5 5L40 trans?
    98 Chevy truck RCSBFS 2wd/5.7L/4L60E:drive:/Paxton Novi 2000 S/C @ 7psi / Megasquirt
    72 Chevelle LQ9/4L80E/GT42 conversion in the works
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449129

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its behind several other projects we are working on so no ETA at this point.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Can anyone confirm the new version allows the tuning of PSI, etc before I buy this.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jctusmc03 View Post
    Can anyone confirm the new version allows the tuning of PSI, etc before I buy this.
    There's like a dozen lnf threads about this... yes you can.