Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Redline/GXP owners step inside

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    So far 250whp @ 5400rpm. and 16.5psi.
    Still does some quirky stuff w/ the throttle.
    Cmon redline lovin!
    Which brings me to the next topic- no cells labels over 6000rpm. what will we do?

Advanced Tuner

I'll post up the log from this run if anyone is interested. It's like no matter what I do the power starts to fall off after 5400rpm.

The throttle slowly closes starting at 4500, going from 100% actual to 94%actual. The boost also tapers a bit up top.

Senior Tuner
    is your etc settings at 100% across the board?

Advanced Tuner
    Theres no etc settings for this ecm yet, the amount of things you can change is very limited.

Advanced Tuner
    Id love to log cam timing. I wonder what the hell it's doing....

Advanced Tuner
    Keith, Chris, Programmer

In gm's op systems, how is the math typically carried out concerning the MAP sensors.
    Do they have a lookup table similar to the maf?
    If so, is the math done after the digital value is assigned an absolute pressure value?
    Im sure you know what im getting at. 255kpa is very easy to bottom out wiht the DI motor.
    Right now You cant sustain it without the throttle chopping, unless you rock a map clamp. defeating the purpose. But the day will com e that you guys have this thing's brain all figured out, and 3/4bar map sensors (Gm/freescale) is all thats really gonna be required to make this car truly amazing.

Oh BTW this is at 20psi..Gt3076R all else bone stock.

Advanced Tuner
    Now tell me that wouldnt be 330whp if it continued on that path till 7300.
    The noseover coincides with the ETC chop in the log verbatim. Here check it out

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by XplosivePlushToy
    +300(whp!) for more LNF tuning!

I have too much tread on my tires. Please help me with this problem HPT.
    Why wait, with HPtuners and a Manual boost controller I have a calculated 320 HP with the stock turbo. I think that is the limit with the stock turbo, but, it sure makes the car interesting.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    BTF:

I looked at your log and it is a mirror image of several of my recent runs. The boost is virtually the same magnitude and shape. One thing that doesn't line up is the MAP read out, your log doesn't make any sense with my config, I'm showing map readings in between 93-95 at WOT.

Did you also see the throttle pull back from WOT (84%) to 79%.

1. Why does the boost ramp up so slowly.

2. It doesn't appear that you are you regulating the IAT2-boost sensor? Have you gone longer than 3 seconds above 20 psi.
    Last edited by Jack B; 02-12-2008 at 05:17 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B
    BTF:

I looked at your log and it is a mirror image of several of my recent runs. The boost is virtually the same magnitude and shape. One thing that doesn't line up is the MAP read out, your log doesn't make any sense with my config, I'm showing map readings in between 93-95 at WOT.
    I am seeing 36.7 psia at 4600 rpm and 35.25 psia at 6300 rpm.

Did you also see the throttle pull back from WOT (84%) to 79%.

At 6300 rpm the pedal is 100% throttle 77%

1. Why does the boost ramp up so slowly.
    The run was in 2nd gear, the rpms build quicker than the load. Look at the speed in the log, ~58mph was the top.
    On another note BTF, what intake where you running, it appears your IAT is higher than your IAT2? Where you drawing air in near the engine?
    Last edited by b_faster; 02-13-2008 at 09:22 AM.

Potential Tuner
    OK I have officially made an account so I can support the LNF tuning movement. We need this baby cracked so I can have more fun. Keep the posts coming guys.

Advanced Tuner
    Intake is right in the engine comparrtment on the dyno. It was the 4" but the reason for the discrepency is the sensors. Has to be since Im blowing thru the MAF and they are about 1" from one another.

The Runs were indeed in second, I was unsure if the loading was going to knock. Im working my way up the scale slowly, unclamped MAP for safety.
    EAch gear drops the torque peak 500rpm. Ive had 255kpa at 3400 in 4th.

Tuner in Training
    Intake is right in the engine comparrtment on the dyno. It was the 4" but the reason for the discrepency is the sensors. Has to be since Im blowing thru the MAF and they are about 1" from one another.

The Runs were indeed in second, I was unsure if the loading was going to knock. Im working my way up the scale slowly, unclamped MAP for safety.
    EAch gear drops the torque peak 500rpm. Ive had 255kpa at 3400 in 4th.
    BTF:

why do you think I show these discrepancies when I view your scan with my config. The MAP sensor is reading in the 90's when yours is in the 30's. Please send me your config and I will try to view it that way.

Your map is correct, my boost PID is your number minus 14.5, those two correlate. You also say that you are showing a throttle position of 100% and 77%, but, the WOT position should show 84% absolute.
    Last edited by Jack B; 02-17-2008 at 01:06 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    here's my config file.

Tuner in Training
    here's my config file.
    I looked at your config - a couple of observations:

1. You do have the BOOST PID, it is under the user defined PID's.

2. Your MAP PID reads correctly - my assumption is that there is an error within HPTuner soiftware when converting to psi. I will verify that tonight

Advanced Tuner
    I dig KPA anywho. Ive got my brain trained for it. Prolly one of the very few instances that i "think" in metric.

I'll double check for the boost PID. But Is it just a different read on the intake map or is it fromthe T-map?

Advanced Tuner
    Could a code disassembly guru speak up about the MAP sensor's assigned value in modern gm systems?
    In megasquirt coding it's as simple as assigning an offset and denominator to the adc value Using the pressuresensor's datasheet.
    Is it done the same way in this car?
    Would we be able to program an offset and denominator for a larger scale sensor in this system without a horrendous code change?
    It's (just?) only one measly ADC range change, do they have boobytraps all over for a larger return number for speed density calcs?
    Possibly be able to change factors similar to the custom PID section in the a/d inputs on the HPT module?

Potential Tuner
    I would purchase an HP Tuners pro today to go along with my other mods

Topcat

I've found the boost tables (can maintain 28-30 PSI), and have already made over 300ft/lbs under 3000 RPM on our SuperFlow dyno...yes, this little engine has got huge potential.
    We've exceeded 111ft/lbs above stock at this point.

At any rate, yes--if you exceed 18 PSI boost in stock form, the electronic throttle takes over.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Programmer
    I've found the boost tables (can maintain 28-30 PSI), and have already made over 300ft/lbs under 3000 RPM on our SuperFlow dyno...yes, this little engine has got huge potential.
    We've exceeded 111ft/lbs above stock at this point.

At any rate, yes--if you exceed 18 PSI boost in stock form, the electronic throttle takes over.
    Are you using your own software to view and edit them or some modified version of hptuners? Interesting nonetheless, 30psi on that little turbo.