Thread: exhaust leaks effect on AFR

Potential Tuner

exhaust leaks effect on AFR

I recently finished the installation of my turbo setup and have been working on open loop AFR tuning (using guides written by Russ, iGoRa). I have had some side effects that are stopping me from progressing on the tune and any input you guys can give would be great.

The attached log file shows that while in OL my AFR error is very close to 0 in the mid/high range of the MAF hz. I think the lower values were skewed by deceleration and the fact that my WB was reading 19 at those times. I will also attach a copy of my current cfg file.

Things looked great until i stopped tuning and the car got back into closed loop. It started with very high STFTs which eventually committed to the LTFTs, they were close to +19.5 at times. Once the trims took effect the car appeared to be running rich according to the WB. They were perfect in OL. I wonder if there could be an exhaust leak somewhere that causes the WB to read inaccurately (though everything sounds really quiet). Logically, to me, i would think that an exhaust leak would cause the WB to be reading lean, however, im reading an excessively rich condition and it's not erratic either. I have an LC1 WB and it recently had a free air calibration, it is welded into the exhaust just before the cat. One thing that seems like a dead giveaway that something is wrong is that the WB is reading 13:1 AFR while cruising while commanding 14.7. If i need to provide more information please let me know, i will reply as quickly as possible. I also added a log of the CL condition.

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    On another note, i have added a WB afr gauge that is grouding in the same location as the WB itself. It could be possible that there is now a voltage offset being created by it. I dont even know where to start

Potential Tuner
    Resolution: I decided to tune the fuel trims by multiplying the LTFT #'s into the MAF table. This did the trick and after only 3 runs I got them really close to 0. And the reason the WB was wacked was because I had the A/C pressure signal and the WB hooked up at the same time , dur!