Thread: New to tunning, are there "presets"?

Potential Tuner

New to tunning, are there "presets"?

If I basically have no idea what I am doing as far as setting the individual timings, air flow, etc but just want to use a higher octane and turn off things like the torque management, and the active fuel management (DOD), is this the right product for me?

Is there something like predefined settings or a sample tunner file for the different engines and makes? I have a 2007 Sierra 1500 with the new body style and a 5.3L.

Thank you

Senior Tuner
    HPTuners does not have pre-configured tuned (aka: canned tunes). HPTuners allows you to configure your engine calibration precisely how your vehicle needs it to be, not a one size fits all kind of tune. Although many of us here would be willing to assist you in extracting the most potential from your setup. Have you purchased it already?

Potential Tuner
    I have not purchased yet, if I can get good help then I will purchase it as I consider myself to be a fast learner (I own my own computer consuling company). I love all the options it has and do not want to be stuck with having the limitations of like a superchip programmer that cannot change anywhere near the options this setup can.

Potential Tuner
    What is the "tune repository" and would that possibly have any tune files that someone else has created for a 2007 Sierra with the 5.3? If someone has taken the time to create a great tune for the above mentioned truck then I have no problem paying a reasonable amount of money for saving me a lot of work.

Bensvuss

Hi Mate, just like u i was hesitant at first. The HP tuners software and the support that goes with it is faultless. The forum that u are in now is crutial to developing your cars set up. The guys who are actively involved in this forum, are in my experience of about (5 months) are great and some have alot of experience, which greatly helps and as a real plus are a great bunch of guys, willing to help.

The Tune Repository is on the home page of the hp tuners website, where u entered to get here. The repository may have tunes that u could use to do a compare file on once u have read your pcm, and most importanly saved it as a stock tune file and never write over it. then compare it to the tune that u hopefully find in the tune repository and save under new name then flash the pcm. Just enter vehicle year, make, model, engine size etc, and see whats there.

Then you can scan the car, and retweak the edit to your liking, nothing will be perfect 4 ur car as no two engines are the same, you will need to rework things like fuel trims, airflow etc. To get them closer to what your car wants. Things like the help file and this fgorum will help you achieve that.

Hope this helps you out, check the repository!

Reguars Ben.

What is the "tune repository" and would that possibly have any tune files that someone else has created for a 2007 Sierra with the 5.3? If someone has taken the time to create a great tune for the above mentioned truck then I have no problem paying a reasonable amount of money for saving me a lot of work.
    350VUSSSS inductions 88millTB, 25% underdrive pully, high lift roller rockers, Maffless cold air intake, 2 1/2 inch try y headers 3 inch exhaust, upgraded plugs and leads.

Tuner
    Pay up, then I'll Email you a tune. I have a 2007 CC 4x4 with the 5.3. I can send you a file with massaged timing tables, and shift tables, among other things.

Potential Tuner
    following this (but I see this is an old thread) I bought HP tuners pro about 6 months ago - I learn by observation of DATA, a lot of the old threads that talk about tuning a stock 5.3 no longer have their images or tunes attached.

Just looking to get the most of this stock truck (2007 5.3 with DOD removed by installation of a non DOD cam, aluminum block, auto 4L60, 4x4) use it for towing a trailer and daily drivign

I'll send Spartus a PM as well

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Holy 11 year old thread lol
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"