Thread: 07 Trailblazer SS Traction control/ stability control

Advanced Tuner

07 Trailblazer SS Traction control/ stability control

Is there any possible way of making this "less aggressive"? Lets say Im doing about 30mph, I floor it, and the TB SS starts to break the tires loose (2wd btw), and the traction control comes on. So I switch it off, and then BAM, stability control enables when It starts breaking the tires loose! Is there any way in this new ECM that I can make these two less aggressive? I hate having to disable stability control every time I wanna haul butt.
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

As far as I know there is nothing you can do with Stabiltrack in the ECM.

If you could I would shut it off permanently.

Advanced Tuner
    I figured it was controlled by the TCM, but I figured I'd ask.

Anyway, I wonder if I can modify the TCS/Stability control with a Tech 2? Hmmm..
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,

Are you sure that it is stabilitrack? If you have "differential score" enabled it will kill engine torque during wheel spin - primarily around corners where one wheel is spinning faster than the other.

2005 Grand Prix GXP - 5.3 LS4 - HP Tuned, MF catback, 1.8 rockers, K&N, Some day I'll finish putting the LS6 intake on

Advanced Tuner
    The "Stabilitrak enabled" message comes on.

Senior Tuner
    I have mine dialed down to acceptable within reason, if I nail it coming out from a dead stop into a turn I can usually hit stabilitrak, which kills most of the power (nothing like stock though where it would drop to idle until you let off).

It has all to do with TM, timing retard, max torque and abuse settings. I mean stabilitrack will still kick in but I barely notice a performance hit when it does except for those rare 4 wheel drifting moments when it doesn't go into SD mode. (When it does go into SD mode all hell breaks loose and I end up sideways with all four tires screaming from spinning so fast).

You can just hold the TC off button for about 10 seconds and turn off stabilitrak but I kind of like it with the tune I have.
    Lingenfelter did play with a module you plug in between the PCM and connector which cuts the sensed limit signal by half and seems to work well for their supercharged setups but I don't see it on their site.
    Last edited by BBA; 11-03-2007 at 08:53 PM.

Tuner
    I set the Enable temp to 280 degrees. It seemed to work. The Stabilitrak message will flash but it doesn't do anything. I didn't like that if I was abit aggressive in the rain I was spinning, no power loss. I just felt it was to dangerous to keep it that way. Did acouple of track runs too, no issues.

Advanced Tuner
    Where is this "enable temp" table you speak of? Thanks!

Tuner
    Engine->Torque Management->General

Thats traction control and not ST isnt it?

Tuner
    Yes it is. But it seems to effect the ST. Try it. The ST will flash etc...but you can just hammer down on the throttle with no ill effect. Went back to just holding the button down to shut it off.

I've always been running TM so I don't know if this would have any different effect. Just though I'd mention it.

Sorry for the 06 snap shot. I know the post is for 07. I'm just use to clicking on my file.

I've been trying to find where this was all posted back in the winter/spring time when I was messing with these settings but can't find it. It was about changing the Temp and the Max Torque values. Maybe i'll get a flashback as the day goes on....
    Last edited by Galvatron; 11-06-2007 at 11:50 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    The 07 ECM doesn that have table.

But I figured it out today! Yay!! It doesnt kick in anymore! Thank you anyway for your help!

Potential Tuner
    The 07 does have that setting to be adjusted..I did mine and I have traction control when turned on but no stabilitrac..It works
    Last edited by hyde; 12-04-2007 at 06:14 PM.
    Summit White 2007...3.42 gears, E-Fans, CAI, Pulley, Kooks 13/4 full length and offroad Y pipe, Magnaflow catback, Ported Throttle body, I6 Converter, Tuned by Fastlane, Tranny Cooler, Tranny deep pan, HSRK, Primax Series 942 wheels and Scotts lowering collars, Hotchkis 2272 upgraded sway!

Potential Tuner
    you guys could remove the ABS fuse and fix that, just no ABS system... LOL... Tryin' to follow all the TBSS stuff so when I get HP Tuners later this month I might half ass know what I'm doin'...
    2006 GTO CGM M6
    Texas Speed Torquer V2 Cam
    X Air OTR Intake
    Unknown brand of LT Headers
    SLP Loudmouth V2 Exhaust

2007 TBSS 3SS 2WD
    SLP Dual Exit Exhaust w/ Cutout
    Granatelli Wires, IEATSRT8 CAI and HSRK
    LS1 Cooling Fans w/ PCMForLess Kit, Lingenfelter 160 Degree Thermostat
    HP Tuners
    Addco F/R Sway Bars
    350.0 RWHP 360.60 RWTQ
    More to come...
    Best of: 13.309 @ 103.10mph 1/4 Mi.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by STAGEUP
    The 07 ECM doesn that have table.

But I figured it out today! Yay!! It doesnt kick in anymore! Thank you anyway for your help!

What did you do?

Advanced Tuner
    hold down the traction control button for 10seconds, stability control shuts off. it has allowed my 07 sierra crewcab to drift decently