Thread: Newbie 2.4 Supercharged Lost & Confused

Question Newbie 2.4 Supercharged Lost & Confused

Ok here goes... be easy on me as I am new to HPT and confused about this VCM.

I am trying to first, get my IFR corrected, but am having no joy making a histogram for this. My understanding is I need to do IFR first then correct the MAF?

Also I keep going into limp mode, it throws T/B codes (which I've removed from the tune). However it still give me "Reduced power" once I try to go into boost, and then goes hell lean.

Any help would be appreciated.

I hope I'm posting this right.

Thanks in Advance
    Jim
    Last edited by Quasimotor; 11-08-2007 at 01:01 PM.
    2006 Chevy HHR 2.4L W/M62 Eaton From a Cobalt.
    60 Lb Siemens injectors
    2.7 inch pulley
    Upgraded Aftercooler plate
    Ion MAF with 3 inch tube
    2.5 bar LSJ MAP
    obx header
    trying to tune for e-85

Well you need to get those LTFT's in order for the first thing you do. Also I know that you have a 3 inch MAF pipe you need to rescale the MAF sensor for the 3 inch pipe being that your HHR has a smaller one from the factory. Next I saw you pulled alot of timing start adding some to that your car most feel like a dog right now.

On a side note. How did you figure the math for your 60#er's?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOCZ
    Well you need to get those LTFT's in order for the first thing you do. Also I know that you have a 3 inch MAF pipe you need to rescale the MAF sensor for the 3 inch pipe being that your HHR has a smaller one from the factory. Next I saw you pulled alot of timing start adding some to that your car most feel like a dog right now.

On a side note. How did you figure the math for your 60#er's?
    I finally got past the Limp mode issue. It was the p0068 test settings, which I bumped up.

I saw 139 KPA on the map twice so I am heading the right direction I think.

I will work on the MAF, but I wanted to get passed the Limp mode issue before I could really tune it.

As for the injectors I've used this http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/Excel...orscalels2.xls
    And also have some other numbers (multiplier of stock injector scale) which I've tried.

You'll notice I added in the multiplier for the addtional scale needed in the KPA vs Volts table.

I am planning on actually tuning this weekend, and hope to soon make some real power.

Thanks
    Jim
    60 Lb Siemens injectors
    2.7 inch pulley
    Ion MAF with 3 inch tube
    2.5 bar LSJ MAP
    obx header
    trying to tune for e-85

Talking

Well Folks I finally got it close! This weekend I got some more kinks worked out with the tune, and she's making 10 lbs of boost! I spent about eight hours yesterday working on the MAF, LTFT, and STFT and she runs smooth as glass now, and kicks my wifes GT PT Cruiser convertible's butt!

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Jim
    60 Lb Siemens injectors
    2.7 inch pulley
    Ion MAF with 3 inch tube
    2.5 bar LSJ MAP
    obx header
    trying to tune for e-85

that's great, I hope to tune one 2.4 SC soon