Thread: Will an OS upgrade burn my credits

Tuner in Training

Will an OS upgrade burn my credits

2000 Corvette

I was considering upgrading the OS on my vette to a 2002 version. Would this burn my existing credits?? If so, is there a way to retrieve them to use after the OS upgrade????

Reb

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    why not utilize one of our custom operating systems? Most have RTT available at no cost & offer far more functionality then simply going to a newer stock operating system.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Yes, you will need to license VIN credits to use the newer OS. No, once you spend a credit it is gone.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks sir

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    Yes, you will need to license VIN credits to use the newer OS. No, once you spend a credit it is gone.

Unless the VIN is changed or the internal PCM serial number is changed you won't have to burn credits.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    So wait, I can upgrade the OS in my 2000 t/a to a 2001/2002 and keep my VIN?

I have 4 credits left and no other cars, so I don't mind using a credit or two, but what's the benefit. I want to keep my vin, but I heard the newer operating systems had benefits over the 2000's.

Man I need a day or at least a couple hours to ask questions and figure out how to fully use HP Tuners..... Bill are you busy in the near future????
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you try loading an operating system with a vin that was never associated with that OS by GM our software will reject it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Bill, I seriously need a crash course to understand what the hell I'm doing. Granted, I'm not stupid enough to go in and start changing everything and kill my car, but now that I swapped to a FAST 90/90, I'm struggling.

It's almost as if us having a baby has made me stupid.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.