Thread: afr error problems

Tuner in Training

afr error problems

i cant get the afr error histogram to work properly. default says its not supported, i add afr error to the primary table and it logs -100 everywhere. if i change the pid to my wideband it logs 14 or 15 everywhere even when the afr is spot on commanded. any ideas? afr histogram works fine.

More info please. Are you using EIO/Pro or piping the WB signal in through the EGR or AC pressure? Are you using a built in PID for your WB or a user defined PID? If it's user defined is it defined as an air fuel ratio sensor? Are you logging commanded AFR low or high res? What are you plotting it against? VE or MAF?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    More info please. Are you using EIO/Pro or piping the WB signal in through the EGR or AC pressure? Are you using a built in PID for your WB or a user defined PID? If it's user defined is it defined as an air fuel ratio sensor? Are you logging commanded AFR low or high res? What are you plotting it against? VE or MAF?
    i think you just solved my problem. i didnt define it as an afr sensor. ill try that and let u know. thanks very much, it was doin my head in.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    ok, defined it as an afr sensor, no change. usin eoi pro, used defined pid for my wego II sensor. afr histogram works fine. defined the wego as an afr sensor, no change. logging afr hi res. plotting against ve. histogram works as it should, just displays the wrong numbers

Are you using the built in AFR Error PID or a user defined PID? Can you post your config?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    ok, i snapped it, and went and bought a new afr sensor, an lm1 and everything works fine now, cant work out whats changed but its all good. only problem now is the lm1 display doent match hptuners so im guessn i'll configure a new pid. why do they bother with the wideband 02 pids?