Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need a ? answered

need a ? answered

I just ordered the hp tuner,should be here in a few days.I have an 07 hummer h3 with a 3.7.I put a Turbonetics turbo off of an 06 on it,kit worked good for over 2k miles.Just resently it started smoking.Turbonetics said that i modified the kit to make it work,so there is nothing they can do.So my question is should i flash the pcm back to stock or leave it aloan till i get the tuner and see what's wrong with it.thanks for any help with my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by airtruck
    I just ordered the hp tuner,should be here in a few days.I have an 07 hummer h3 with a 3.7.I put a Turbonetics turbo off of an 06 on it,kit worked good for over 2k miles.Just resently it started smoking.Turbonetics said that i modified the kit to make it work,so there is nothing they can do.So my question is should i flash the pcm back to stock or leave it aloan till i get the tuner and see what's wrong with it.thanks for any help with my problem.

WEll smoke does not really mean anything to the tune. Could be bad seals on the turbo. What kind of smoke are you getting?

Smells like its burning rich.Sent the turbo back to get rebuilt,still smoked then i sent the pcm back to get re flashed still smokes.Its pulling a few codes like po108,po171 and po418.took it to the dealer and there scanner could not connect to it.Everyone I've talked to says to flash it back to stock and start there.Its just weird that a week after lifting it it started to smoke,maybe just a quincadence.Changed the plugs they were fouled out.still black smoke.If it sits for a few days when i start it its fine for about five minutes.Seems to clear up on full throttle,only smokes at idle.Any help would be appreciated.

If you're getting a p0171 and it's fouling out plugs then it thinks it is lean and is adding too much fuel. I would check for exhaust leaks before the o2 sensor or the sensor is not reading correctly. The p0108 is caused from the boost and you only having a 1bar map sensor. The p0418 is an air pump code, did you remove it or leave it unplugged since the 06 doesn't have an air pump and the 07 does?

We did a smoke test and found no leaks.both of the o2's are in the manifold including the cat.i just got my tuner and trying to figure it out maybe i can post here to show what it is doing.

Is there someone in the orlando area that wants to make a few extra dollars.I need help stopping my truck from smoking for a car show this weekend.
    Last edited by airtruck; 11-29-2007 at 10:58 AM.

we just received the hp tuner and here is the data we pull off of the hummer. i am still confused on what all this means, but am slowly learning. can some one look and see if there is anything that does not look right in the data. thank you for your time.. it is greatly appreciated

for live chatting you can contact me on yahoo -- air_truck_4x4
    or call the cell phone 407.697.3969 - greg

I'm lost.There is nothing i can input on the tune,tire size,new gears,no way to change air fuel ratio's,all i can do is monitor the truck.Is there something I'm missing here.

has anyone looked at this and can tell me whats it doing?not sure where to start or if i should start at all.

hp tuner for sale with six credits.just contact me for info thanks.waste of time and money for nothing.

Don't sell it because you're asking Tech questions over the Christmas season...not everybody is at work quite yet !

Give me a call Thursday--that's when I'm back at the shop. I'll help you through some things--I'll look through your info tomorrow.
    Please have a list of all modifications handy.

Lyndon
    Westers Garage
    1-888-WESTER-1

Looks pretty easy to fix up for you, but the logs you sent were only really at idle and cracking the throttle now and again. You're running around 20-25% lean afr correction, which means based on what the O2 sensors are seeing--the ECM is adding a corresponding amount of fuel to maintain 14.7 to one.

Can you describe the 'smoke' you see ? What color ? Black, white, blue ??

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm lost.There is nothing i can input on the tune,tire size,new gears,no way to change air fuel ratio's,all i can do is monitor the truck.Is there something I'm missing here.
    You should consider starting here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11178

Changing air fuel ratios are under Engine-fuel control

Changing gear/tire size is under Speedo-speedometer
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 12-28-2007 at 11:56 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

a little update,i recently gutted the cat.It runs a little better,but still the black smoke smells rich.I still can't figure the tire size change,my old tire was an 285/75/16 and the new tire size is a 46/19.5/20 can someone help me out with the conversion.Also a gear change was done.I went from an 4.56 to a 6.72 for some reason I'm not able to change them.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    a little update,i recently gutted the cat.It runs a little better,but still the black smoke smells rich.I still can't figure the tire size change,my old tire was an 285/75/16 and the new tire size is a 46/19.5/20 can someone help me out with the conversion.Also a gear change was done.I went from an 4.56 to a 6.72 for some reason I'm not able to change them.
    Im gonna see what I can do for you for the gear/tire size you have to at minimum get you closer to what you desire.

285/75-16 tire with 4.56 ratio -- 115427 pulse per mile
    Your 46" and 6.72 would be 117852 ppm....so not that far from stock, really--about 3% out.

Did you do an injector change ?
    Recalibrate for those ?

the kit is from Turbonetics.They sent me 440cc injectors,and reflashed the pcm twice.Turbonetics said that i modified the kit so there is nothing they can do for me,all i did was remove the egr valve.The tire change was not a big deal.I bought an after market wide band o2 for it but waiting till the black smoke clears before i install it,no need to burn it up also.

440CC's at what pressure ?
    If it's the typical setup, they're a 42lb/hr unit at 45 PSI, or a 48lb/hr unit at your system pressure. Try raising the value a bit.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Airtruck, we've posted an update to your customer page that will allow you to enter your 6.71 gears without issue. I've also emailed you regarding it.

-Bill

new scan from the hummer

i have the new hpt and hpl file from today. the hpl was a run from today and the hpt was downloaded right after. 76F @ 50% humidity