Currently, the situation with the Ecotec swap with the Fiero is that you need to keep the ignition module, dash cluster, radio, tranny, and of course engine to get the ECM to even think of working. Its obviously alot of fab work to be done to get that to work and too much for most people, myself included.

The lead I'm looking at for this particular Ecotec is that its built without the expectation of inputs from external circuits including even a transmission. AFAIK, its the exact same Ecotec you will find if you popped the hood of late base model Sky or Solstice.

According to the Supprted Vehicles listing, the 06-08 Solstice/07 Sky are listed for the manual transmission. Does the VCM for those particular packages require tranmission inputs other than VSS? Will the VCM also be able to alter the VVT phasor tables?

Another question assuming the above is true, how does the process of raising the redline work? Suppose I took redline from (I think stock is somewhere around 7k) and raised it to 9k. Would the tables reach that high, especially VVT?