Thread: 06 Mustang Checksum Problem

Senior Tuner

06 Mustang Checksum Problem

I am trying to retune a 06 Mustang with a Novi blower that has already been tuned with SCT sofrware. When I read the file out with HPT, I get the checksum error and let HPT correct it and save the file. I made a change to the speedometer calibration and reflashed the Mustang with the new file. When the car starts the SES and Wrench light come on. The codes it is setting is P060C which is PCM Checksum error and it also sets a P2106, Throttle Actuator Control System Forced Limited Power. I them reflashed with the file I first read out with no changes and both lights go out and no codes are set. Is there an easy fix for this. We were originally going to get the PCM reflashed at a dealer and start with that file, but in another thread Chris said I could probably use the file with the checksum error and just let HPT correct it. Is there an easy fix for this with the file I've already read out or does it need to be reflashed to stock at a dealer first. And if reflashed at a dealer, is the license still going to work? I can send the files to support if needed. Thanks.
    Last edited by 2xLS1; 11-15-2007 at 07:54 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't believe it to be a checksum issue, please post the file you wrote to the pcm & i'll take a look.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    The fact that it sets code P060C says it's a checksum error. The CMR software we also use list's that code a PCM internal checksum error. There is no description on that code in the HPT DTC list. Here are the files that HPT corrected the C/S on (tuned) and the one with the speedometer changes that caused the errors (tuned01).

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    K, im going to foward this to our cal engineer to see what he has to say.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"