Thread: maf help

Senior Tuner

maf help

ok, im lost on this.

say you have a car runnin an ltft of -16 to -18 at idle, around maf hz of 2100. {idle set at 800 on 60's.} from my understanding the p0172 gets triggered when the trims sit at or below -19 for extended periods of time. i get this code once a week.

lowering the trims is easy, whats avoiding my little brain is how to get the trims back up from -16.7 to -2 or zero at idle. or something closer to zero so i stop throwing this damn code.

do i add numbers to it? say the 2k cell is sitting at 2.30 {just a number} do i add .70 to this number? or do i subtract a certain percentage from this number to make it closer to zero?

go closer to zero, or farther away from zero?

Last edited by Area47; 11-16-2007 at 09:58 AM.

If your trims are -16, multiply by .84 in that cell. I would reduce by a smaller ammount though, like x .90 and see how it goes. Either that or wait for my numbers.
    '07 Cobalt SS/SC
    Mods:
    I has a couple.

Questions about 60s? <-- click!
    How to tune for return fuel system <--click

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSchafer
    If your trims are -16, multiply by .84 in that cell. I would reduce by a smaller ammount though, like x .90 and see how it goes. Either that or wait for my numbers.
    im just trying to avoid throwing codes.

high way cruising and pe are fine by me. im not that anal about it in pe anyways.

i'll try that at lunch, or when i get a chance too. it's more or less two cells that give me trouble.

Yea, I get that. Are you using my fuel tables or Witts?
    '07 Cobalt SS/SC
    Mods:
    I has a couple.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSchafer
    Yea, I get that. Are you using my fuel tables or Witts?
    yours

still pops the p0172 every now and then.

Hmmm. Well, I should have the 60s numbers today, so if you want to wait for that, cool. Otherwize send me your tune and log and I'll take a look at it. I need to see if it is adders too high or MAF too high. I just finished the 42 file, so I will send that to you in a few.
    '07 Cobalt SS/SC
    Mods:
    I has a couple.

Senior Tuner
    i won't be able to send you a log till i get home tonight. i'll a couple of them for ya, lunch run, and drive home. i'll see if i can get the trims back in line at some point during the day. or i can just wait till you send me a new map, either one. doesn't matter to me