Thread: 2000 Monte SS

Tuner in Training

2000 Monte SS

Hey everyone this is my 1st time actually posting because i am completely fed up with my car and would sooo appreciate any guidance. Heres what I got, 2000 Monte Carlo SS 3.8L(L36) not supercharged. Mods include: 1x Blower cam(because i do plan on supercharging), comp cam 105# springs,comp cam lifters, single rollmaster timing kit, Autolite 103's, Taylor 8mm wires, 33lb injectors out of a Series III 3.8, SLP CAI, Hogan Performance 3' downpipe to a 2.5' magnaflow high flow cat, and SLP Powerflow cat back 2.5', also i have a stock torque converter. Here is my prob i have been dealing with since the cam install, at anything below WOT the car runs just ok, as soon as i hit WOT it is almost like I loose 100hp and the car can not get out of its own way, heres how bad it is i raced my friends cobalt LS and they beat me by 4-5 car lengths, I had more power stock than i do now and it shouldnt be that way I have posted a most recent scan, I plan i getting it dyno tuned just dont have the cash rite now to do it, I also keep getting a SES light for a low voltage knock sensor bank 1, if anyone could at least point me in the right direction i would sooo appreciate it. I have also included my bin file, I did have someone helping me tune via email and they just stopped answering me so.

Post your stock tune, as there are none in the repository. For some reason, your car isn't entering PE. Do you have a wideband?
    Check out the tuning sticky at the top for my open loop maf tuning.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    no i do not have a wide band o2, what would be the causes of why its not going into PE? i have attached the original file from when the injectors were in stalled and also the stock file, I included both because the car will not run on the completly stock file due to the fact its setup for 22lb injectors and i have 33lb ones now

Give this tune a try. I don't believe that your "Oriinal Scan File" is stock, as the speed limiter was raised, and the VE table was messed up.
    Do you have a completely stock .hpt file from your car? You will need to find out why your getting the knock sensor code.

Do a WOT scan with this tune to see if the commanded PE is 13.0.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    ok i went and loaded that tune i have to tell ya its like night and day, the behavior of the car is sooo much better!!! below is my scan i am unsure how to check and see if the commanded PE is 13(im still learning here so please bare with me)

For some reason, the car is still not staying in PE above ~3300 rpm. Send this tune to support, they should be able to fix it for you.

On this tune I adjusted the Maf table to get the fuel trims closer. You must bring the engine up to operating temp BEFORE scanning,
    as the fuel trim data will be of no use.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    ok i will try it, now what do u mean send it to support? at the hp tuner site?

Tuner in Training
    ok went and scaned it here is the scan

Quote Originally Posted by 00mcss
    ok i will try it, now what do u mean send it to support? at the hp tuner site?
    Notice that your commanded AFR is not staying at 13.0 when the TPS is 100%.
    Yes, email the latest tune to support.

Russ Kemp
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 11-19-2007 at 08:03 AM.

Tuner in Training
    i do see that now, i emailed support so hopefully they can help me, i swear this car is spooked or somethin, any ideas on what can cause that not to stay at the commanded AFR?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00mcss
    i do see that now, i emailed support so hopefully they can help me, i swear this car is spooked or somethin, any ideas on what can cause that not to stay at the commanded AFR?
    None that I can see by quick glance. If its nothing I can see I'll try to find out what it is for you thought.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    excellent i know we are communicating via email just wanted to respond to this as well, this car has always been weird ive owned it for 4 yrs had 23,000 when i got it, now has 113,000 and has always had this little hicup at 3grand even still does it to this day and that seems to be where my probs start weird

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Im thinking it might be some part of TM or TCS kicking in so I've sent you a new file to test out for me.

Tuner in Training
    sent ya the scan back, i do have to say ive learned a ton so far doing this cam install, just in general about 3800's and fuel injected cars, i say put a carburator back on em and leave em along LOL

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yup, returned your email with a need for you to log PE mode & TCS mode in your status bit display so we can try and figure out whats going on.