Thread: Interface THROWN AWAY!!!!

Potential Tuner

Interface THROWN AWAY!!!!

Here's the story......Last Thursday I couldn't find my laptop bag. It was raining like a mofo and I didn't want to toast my laptop and accessories. So i throw em in a plastic grocery store bag to carry. I scan on the way to work and bring said laptop AND interface inside IN the yellow plastic bag so they don't get soaked. I brought the interface in so I could install on my work laptop which is much better than mine. It was busy at work so I ended up not syncing my work laptop and leave the interface IN THE BAG ON MY CHAIR. Cleaning comes through and throws the thing IN THE TRASH. Friday I search and search and cannot find the thing. I retrace my steps and I KNOW FOR A FACT it was in the yellow bag. There is not a trace of the yellow bag. Weekend passes and today I contact the cleaning crew and find out whats up. Cleaning girl remembers the bag. And she remembers THROWING IT AWAY!!!!!!!!! So now the thing is in the dump somewhere by now.

Work says they won't cover it because it was in a "trash bag" and it technically wasn't supposed to be there.........

I just got the stuff like a month or so ago and now I am out of $500.

Can I get a replacement or am I out of luck......???????
    02 b4c camaro

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Unfortunatly you would need to repurchase since we cannot cover stolen or lost interfaces.

If you email support with your old serial number or at least the email address on the account so we can look it up we can note this on the old account so if someone attempts to order more credits or receive the software they won't be able to do so.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Man that's not good. I have very little cash to spare.

Is there no way I could get at least a discount on it? I can give the serial numbers off the old one and you could cancel it out. I promise you it is in a yellow bag from dollar general buried beneath tons of trash in a dump.

A no replacement policy for something like that (even discounted) is kinda crazy ain't it? I don't see how the interface costs $500. I am in the software/technology business btw. I thought we were paying to use hptuners not $500 for a $20-50 made in china plastic/less complicated than acalculator? I understand the need to keep profits at a maximum but you do realize BOTH my brothers have ls1's? (Chevy was king growing up!!!!) The wife has a trailblazer. 2 of my friends WERE going to have me tune their cars once I got the hang of it. My dad has a sierra. I'm sure there would be more. Add it up @ 50 dollars a pop after two cars because I was going to use rtt.

Btw I know how business works. I work at an ISP/telephone/cable/webhosting/networkdesign company. We work with customers to keep them around. We are well known for going above and beyond to please people. We cost more than others but the strange thing is our market penetration is slowly but surely exceeding 30% all of our new service areas. We also have more repeat customers than ANY of our competition in any area we offer service.

I am willing to pay some for a replacement device. But not a complete repurchase.

I'm not threating. Just making a point. Put YOURSELF in your customer's shoes. I do it all the time. I have GIVEN away many a modem after a lightning strike to keep a customer happy. I'm above that now. Now I give away MY TIME sometimes diagnosing server/network problems to keep them happy.

I also suggest that you put your NO REPLACEMENT/DISCOUNT POLICY upfront in the FAQ. That would have saved me alot a time.

I believe HPTUNERS needs to re evaluate their business policies.

There is NO WAY the interface costs $500 to manufacture.

I can get a damn cell phone replaced that costs considerably more if lost/stolen........FOR A DISCOUNTED PRICE OR COVERED TOTALLY ON INSURANCE.

You'll make MORE money. trust me, the best customer is a REPEAT customer........

The real question is do you want a customer who will be buying more goods to go to EFILIVE?
    Last edited by lickeyman; 11-19-2007 at 11:22 AM.
    02 b4c camaro

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Is there no way I could get at least a discount on it?
    Unfortunatly no.

I can give the serial numbers off the old one and you could cancel it out. I promise you it is in a yellow bag from dollar general buried beneath tons of trash in a dump.
    The hardware could be used if paired with the software cd & app key & theres noway of us knowing if this info is out there with your hardware.

A no replacement policy for something like that (even discounted) is kinda crazy ain't it? I don't see how the interface costs $500. I am in the software/technology business btw. I thought we were paying to use hptuners not $500 for a $20-50 made in china plastic/less complicated than acalculator? I understand the need to keep profits at a maximum but you do realize BOTH my brothers have ls1's? (Chevy was king growing up!!!!) The wife has a trailblazer. 2 of my friends WERE going to have me tune their cars once I got the hang of it. My dad has a sierra. I'm sure there would be more. Add it up @ 50 dollars a pop after two cars because I was going to use rtt.
    Your not only paying for the hardware but the software & all of the R&D work that has gone into both & will continue to go into both.

Btw I know how business works. I work at an ISP/telephone/cable/webhosting/networkdesign company. We work with customers to keep them around. We are well known for going above and beyond to please people. We cost more than others but the strange thing is our market penetration is slowly but surely exceeding 30% all of our new service areas. We also have more repeat customers than ANY of our competition in any area we offer service.
    We charge less then most on the market & are still able to offer superior customer service I'd like to think, however we Do Not cover lost or stolen items. If you walk into any store & purchase a PS3, pay for it and bring it out to your vehicle & then forget to load it in your vehicle & leave it in the cart, go home & then remember you forgot to load it into your vehicle & head back to the store is the store now responsible for you loosing or misplacing the item? Do you think said store should replace your PS3 at a discounted price because you lost it?

I am willing to pay some for a replacement device. But not a complete repurchase.
    This is all we can offer in these cases.

I'm not threating. Just making a point. Put YOURSELF in your customer's shoes. I do it all the time. I have GIVEN away many a modem after a lightning strike to keep a customer happy. I'm above that now. Now I give away MY TIME sometimes diagnosing server/network problems to keep them happy.
    Yes and we do offer a repair/replacement service for fried interfaces, but you did not fry your interface you lost it.

I also suggest that you put your NO REPLACEMENT/DISCOUNT POLICY upfront in the FAQ. That would have saved me alot a time.
    Done

There is NO WAY the interface costs $500 to manufacture.
    Your correct, as stated your paying for alot more than a piece of plastic, your paying for our livelihood & our work, software, hardware, R&D, etc.

I can get a damn cell phone replaced that costs considerably more if lost/stolen........FOR A DISCOUNTED PRICE OR COVERED TOTALLY ON INSURANCE.
    Which is why we always recommend to have this covered under homeowners insurance & in many cases when its stolen out of a vehicle, etc. it is covered under such insurance.

You'll make MORE money. trust me, the best customer is a REPEAT customer........

The real question is do you want a customer who will be buying more goods to go to EFILIVE?
    Threatening to change over does not change the fact the interface was lost & not simply damaged.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"