Thread: DTC List Problem

Senior Tuner

DTC List Problem

I pulled this file out of a LS1 conversion using a 98 PCM. I'm not seeing any DTCs in the list past P0170. Any idea why? The PCM has been through several tuners before me.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1
    The PCM has been through several tuners before me.
    Thats your answer, pcm looks like it has been modified previously, have the file flashed to stock and then reread it with our software.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Senior Tuner
    I don't think any of that applies here. I got the PCM for another try today and found out that if I read it with V1.7, (yea I still keep that version installed in a separate directory) and then look at the bin file with V1.7, all the DTCs are there. If I look at either the bin or the hpt file with 2.22, there are no DTCs past P0170. I also found out that the tuner before me fried 2 computers before this one trying to write a HPT 2 bar OS and the one I'm dealing with was a new one purchased at a dealer and only edited with HPT. It may have had the HPT 2 Bar OS written to it and then reflashed back to the 1 Bar stock OS. Could this be why? I would like to do a Write Entire on this with one of my known good files but I'm being cautious since the owner of the PCM has already had to buy a new one because of what the previous tuner did. I have already successfully written cal only to this PCM with V2.22. Here is the 1.7 bin and the 2.22 hpt.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    2.x & 1.x use different software & different validation checks, in this case 2.x sees an issue with the values and so stops parsing the DTC log at the point where it starts seeing the error.

Senior Tuner
    I figured that but still this is a dealer flash only edited by HPT.

this file has been modified by other software/handheld. We have seen this kind of thing before, not sure which package is doing it but the DTC list has been corrupted. Other files for this OS open and display the DTC's just fine.
    I count sheep in hex...