Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E40 Idle Speed with M6

Tuner in Training
    Yes.
    2006 - Quicksilver/Red - M6 - 18's - APS Twin Turbo - LS9 Cam - Vic Jr Intake- 80# SD Injectors - Kooks Street Screamer Catback - HP Tuned by me on E-85 - BC Racing Coilovers - 18x8.5F 18x9.5R Hyperblack CSL Replicas

So I'm assuming you're saying you installed 2.22 and it's still not working?
    is it supposed to work with v2.2.2?

Tuner in Training
    A little feedback would be nice.
    2006 - Quicksilver/Red - M6 - 18's - APS Twin Turbo - LS9 Cam - Vic Jr Intake- 80# SD Injectors - Kooks Street Screamer Catback - HP Tuned by me on E-85 - BC Racing Coilovers - 18x8.5F 18x9.5R Hyperblack CSL Replicas

Tuner
    ttt I want to find this when I get home.

If the car is completely stock why change the cylinder volume? wouldnt the car think there is more air entering the cylinder causing more fuel to be added.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by supercowboy
    If the car is completely stock why change the cylinder volume? wouldnt the car think there is more air entering the cylinder causing more fuel to be added.
    From what I've read the cylinder volume is only referenced for cranking. I changed it simply so that it would accurately reflect the volume of one of the LS2s cylinders. At idle this number has absolutely no effect on fueling as VE and MAF with fuel trims are how fueling is determined.

The HP Tuners guys have already stated earlier in the thread that they know what the problem is and what they have to do to fix it. They simply have not followed through on a promise that they made nearly 5 months ago.

I also noticed under general fuel the stioch afr is 10.79. Isnt this just a base for the ve and the pe tables to react from. could this cause a over fueling at idle?

Tuner in Training
    I'm running E85 which around here tends to be E70 with a stoich of 10.7.

E85 which came out of which car. not sure on many ecu changes.

Tuner in Training
    I can't interpret that gibberish...care to put it in English?

E85 what is it? I also have a gto and most of the changes you made dont make much sense to me.

eey cowboy, e85 has nothing to do with an ecm......
    don't get me wrong, but with hpt & tuning in general, there is a LOT to learn.
    it's not gonna come overnight to you, you have to read read read.....
    it won't work if you don't consider to spend quite a few hours every day (at least in the begining) just reading stuff from different forums here (or e.g. ls2.com).
    it's useless knowledge if you think it's enough to know almost everything about a certain aspect - you HAVE to have an understanding of the thing as a whole.
    like I said, don't get me wrong here, but it looks like you think this whole thing is a piece of cake...... (which it isn't...).

never said that I knew how to tune. I just asked a question. I would like to uderstand some of the changes people make. For example running 10.7 "target" airfuel from the early rpm. wouldnt that cause a really rich condition. Why not create a 14.7 and gradually bring it down to 10.7.

E85 is a type of fuel. 85% Ethanol mixed with 15% gasoline. However like was posted above E85 means maximum ethanol content is 85% but it doesn't have to be.

Stoch for ethanol (pure) is 9.0:1 AFR. So if you were running some percent ethanol you need to adjust the stoch point to reflect that percent ethanol.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Thank you. I was tring to relat it to a pcm code. my bad

Ya never know, the E85 ECM could be right around the corner as their up to the E67 now... LOL
    Always Support Our Troops!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    TTT for those that didn't get the memo its in the newest public version.

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I'm happily idling @ 650.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

right on ...
    hope I'll get a chance to flash mine today.

hmm.......
    flashed it, but the result's not perfect...
    (it's WAY better than before, so I'm not gonna complain... if there's nothing one can do about it, I'm happy like it is right now!)

I set both tables to 500.
    now, first thing: I have to drive the car a couple hundred yards after each shutting off, to get the lower idling. otherwise it can sit there for 10 minutes & idle at 800...
    next thing: once the idle gets lower, the lowest I can get (by a commanded 500) while the car is in a standstill, is 650.
    once the car is moving & I push the clutch or put it in neutral (no matter what speed), the idle goes down to 550.