Thread: 2007 Aura XR 3.6L

Tuner

Question 2007 Aura XR 3.6L

I see the 07 aura 3.6L v6 is supported by HPT. I have a few questions:
    1. Has anybody successfully used HPT for this application? I know of people trying to tune the LE5 ecotec engines taht have run into OS-difference issues between the cobalt and Ion, and want to make sure that I'm not going to have headaches working w/ the Aura. I know HPT (like other tuners) cracks and ECM then says they support all the vehicles using that ECM w/o actually trying it.
    2. Does the "standard" VCM suite now come with a USB cable or serial cable? I could find no information when looking at the VCM suite features, etc regarding "what's in the box"

thanks.
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ
    [Next] intake res delete, Tint, Eibachs

The Procharged Ion - SMP Stage 2 QC
    20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah it should work just fine, I've seen a bunch of oddball bin files come my way to be added and have had no issues whatsoever & you'll definitely have a ton of control over that pcm.

The std version comes with a usb cable as well as the obd2 cable, the software(both editor/scanner), the hardware interface and an application key which gives you 8 credits of your choosing either GM or Ford currently.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Not to bump an old thread back up, but I read a post on a Saturn forum that states that HPT will not support the 07-08 Saturn Aura 3.6L VVT. Yet this thread was created 3 months prior to his statement. I would assume that HPT DOES support the 07-08 Saturn Aura XR 3.6L VVT? Correct?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes we have supported the 07-08 Aura 3.6 for about a year now.

-Bill

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer
    Not to bump an old thread back up, but I read a post on a Saturn forum that states that HPT will not support the 07-08 Saturn Aura 3.6L VVT. Yet this thread was created 3 months prior to his statement. I would assume that HPT DOES support the 07-08 Saturn Aura XR 3.6L VVT? Correct?
    where the hell'd you read that? looks like i gets ta go smack somebody
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ

20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No smacking is welcome on our forum, please take it to the water tower at 3pm

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bc3tech
    where the hell'd you read that? looks like i gets ta go smack somebody
    I know I actually searched all over for that statement HOPING that it wasn't me that suggested it some how..
    -Adam Chant SCdyne Performance "Tune it or lose it!"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    No smacking is welcome on our forum, please take it to the water tower at 3pm
    is the flagpole ok?
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ

Advanced Tuner
    my mate has a 2000 honda accord 4clynder with engine light on, can hpt read the codes?
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by sikhabib
    my mate has a 2000 honda accord 4clynder with engine light on, can hpt read the codes?
    no

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sikhabib
    this post is on topic... how? :eyeroll:
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ