Thread: mm^3

mm^3

What does this number refer to?

Is it mm^3/cylinder/injection or is it mm^3/8 cylinders, etc?

Thanks

Not 100% sure what you're asking

mm3 is cc's

You may end up with values of mm3 per stroke--or total injected values for 8 cylinders or...did you have a specific table you were looking at ?

Quote Originally Posted by Programmer
    Not 100% sure what you're asking

mm3 is cc's

You may end up with values of mm3 per stroke--or total injected values for 8 cylinders or...did you have a specific table you were looking at ?
    No. mm3 is cubic millimeters, or 'mils'.

cc's = cubic centimeters.

1000 mm3 / cc.

In the Duramax tables, it's usually mm3 / stroke.

ahem....I never converted it...mm3 is volume of fuel per stroke and is relational to something more familiar which is cubic cm (CC's).

The fuel table values that you modify are in 'microseconds' of injection time. If this is unclear to anyone, just state so.

1 mm3 is .001 cc by volume -- but isn't really the value you're modifying. You're modifying the length of time the injector is open...which of course affects the volume injected.

Look at the rail pressure tables and look at the mm3 to RPM fuel tables, and it'll make more sense.

I made the statement as mm3 being a volume of measurement to something more familiar 'cc's in case the fella didn't know what mm3 meant--I didn't convert 1 mm3 to 1 cc.