Thread: superchargers ???

Tuner in Training

Question superchargers ???

i have a 07 swb 4.3L v6
    i have looked i cant find a superchargers kit for this truck any one know of one or what intake i can use if i was to use a superchargers off a 3.8 W car i have one at work i can fix

What's a SWB?

If your talking about a 4.3L v6 in a S-10/blazer/jimmy you can use Typhoon exhaust manifolds,turbo,downpipe and turbo it much easier and with more power than any stupidcharger.
    Just my openion.
    My wife's winterbeater 98 Jimmy I did this conversion on.. works great! Mercury Mariene makes a intake manifold that has external injectors where I can put 36lb/hrs on it and get the WOT fueling it needs. Even with the stock injectors it works well.
    ~Scott
    Feel free to e-mail me with questions if that's your setup.
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    no i have a Silverado i am not a big turbo fan too easy to mess up

To easy to mess up? I think you've heard some wife's tales... or people that just don't know what they are talking about.
    The stock turbo that came off our Typhoon had 106,000mi on it ... It's now doing just fine on our 98 Jimmy. To have one rebuilt is around 300.00.

It's a much cheaper and better power adder than any supercharger. A 3.8L supercharger will not fit on a 4.3L anyhow.

A bolt on supercharger :Powerdyne,Vortech ect you'll have over 3000.00 for around 100hp gain... You'd be better off to put a 500.00 nitrous kit on it. You'd make better power and have less drivabilty problems.

This is what I do for a living.. custom turbo setups and Hybrids with the Buick GN engine.
    This is my 86 Camaro with a Buick GN engine.

Advanced Tuner
    a centrifugal supercharger kit can be made to fit up...with as much work (if not a bit more because of necessary bracketetry and alignment issues) as a turbo kit.

truth be told, turbo kits are easy to do. manifold, turbo, intercooler, piping, fuel, tuning.

There's little fabrication with the Typhoon exhaust manifolds and turbo because they are a direct fit to any 4.3L.
    You've got all the intercooler pipes to make and oil feed/return. Along with coolant feed/return. (stock turbo is gas spec turbo)
    ~Scott