Thread: VCM editor vs. radio

Tuner in Training

VCM editor vs. radio

So I was writing a calibration the other day and on my first attempt it said something about a security error and it wouldnt write, I get errors occasionally and it worked on the 2nd attempt so I didnt think anything of it. When I started my car though the radio wouldnt work. The lights all light up and the fuses are good, but the clock display is out and it wont play cds or the radio. I had the car running before I wrote to it and the radio was playing fine, then I turned everything off to write the pcm. So it was worked 2 min beforehand.

I have a grand prix, is there anyway the editor couldve messed that up? Maybe screwed with the theftlock or something? I dont really see how the two are related but using the scanner is the only thing that changed from when the radio was working and when it stopped. Happend a few days ago and im running out of things to check, maybe grasping at straws here....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    When reading & writing the pcm the editor basically tells any module on the bus to shut up, some modules don't cooperate the way they should & you should pull the offending fuse before reading/writing in those cases.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Now that its done though what can I do to make it un-shutup? Will just changing the fuse fix it? I checked them n' I thought they looked ok.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    pull the fuse for a minute to see if it resets itself.

This happens very rarely and most stock stereo's have no issues at all, is this a stock or aftermarket stereo by any chance?

Tuner in Training
    Its stock, non-bose with the equalizer. First time its happened,obviously, but Ive used the editor quite a few times. Ill try pullin the fuse at lunch.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Weird, never heard of this issue on a Grand prix at all, usually only on corvettes & cars with aftermarket stereos.

Tuner in Training
    Guess im just lucky eh?

Anyway, I pulled the fuse yesterday and tried some stuff and the radio still wouldnt work. So tonight I unhooked the battery, went to lunch, when I got back I hooked it all back up and everything is working again. Thanks for the info.