Thread: Skip Shifting?

Tuner in Training

Skip Shifting?

Could someone explain to me what skip shifting is and the advantages of having it?

it doesn't actually skip but it spends very little time in the "skipped" gear.

example 4>2 skips or spends very little time in 3rd and lands in 2nd. Say you were crusiing at 70 MPH in 4th and go WOT, it would feel like it downshifted to 2nd. You would have to adjust your shift tables to accomplish this.

Tuner in Training
    so basically ur saying i would have to adjust the shift properties for it to work correctly? i ordered my pcm to come with skip shift and like ur example that u gave me 4>2 at 70mph when i go WOT and it does shift it really doesnt pull all that hard, i am still in the process of tuning do you think it could be a combo of both?(tuning and trans settings) but when it downshifts into 3rd pulls pretty decent

Tuner in Training
    anyone?

Advanced Tuner
    This requires a combination of your up and downshift tables for all of the gears.. You have to produce just the right combination to effectively make the pcm skip over a gear by shifts once and then again right after the first.

does anyone have a screen shot of their tables with the shifts setup like this?

anyone?