Thread: car not starting

car not starting

ok today is my first time using hptuners. so i plug in my cable into the ob2 port and read vcm. it complete and say completed in 1:35 but never asks to save. it locks up. so i do it again no problem. this is how i received the vin# for alicating my credits. so anyways i write it back to my pcm. and now my car won't start. i was working fine before and now nothing. i have a 98 GTP will XP cam supporting internals, pacesetter heads and 3.25 pulley on now. any idea's what happend. maybe fried my computer or something.

Advanced Tuner
    Hey, you have my car!

Did you do a full or partial write? There should be a way to recover from the bad write. If you did a full write, it may be dead. Normally during a partial write, the OS is not touched so the PCM can still 'reboot'. When you do a full write, the OS is flashed. If something bad happens during this process you normally end up with a dead PCM

For future reference if you have a problem reading the PCM don't write to it, and try to only do a partial write to avoid possible peoblems.

Good luck, hope it's recoverable!

P.S. - it's a good idea to reboot your laptop before writing to the PCM. Sometimes Windows get's confused (NO WAY!) and can cause communication problems between the laptop and the interface.
    -Eddie

1998 GTP - 3.4 [3.2] [3.0] MPS - custom CAI - F.1 Ram Air hood - XP Cam - Ported Heads - 1.84/1.60 Si valves - 1.6 HS Roller Rockers - 72mm Ported TB - LQ4 MAF - 42.5# Lucas Injectors - Pacesetters
    1/4 PB - 13.025 @ 106.81 MPH w/ 2.069 60'
    2021 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 Baby Duramax

i think i did an entire write but i didn't have an error. it when throw just fine. i think the first time and entire write. then i did another read then another partial write. and a couple since then. i've had the car tuned by intense-racing. they used hptuners to tune it before.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Why would you be performing a write entire? Any specific reason?

Also you say
    i did an entire write but i didn't have an error. it when throw just fine. i think the first time and entire write. then i did another read then another partial write. and a couple since then.
    Which is very confusing because now it sounds like you did some partial writes without issue in which the car should start & run just fine.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"